Jun

Open Thread: RAB commercial on YES

Just in case you haven’t seen it during the pre- and post-game shows yet, here’s our 15 minutes of fame. We’re not good enough for the big money, between inning slots yet, but one day we’ll get there. Oh shush, we’re allowed to gloat every now and then.

Anyway, here’s your open thread for this beautiful Saturday evening. Depending on where you live, you’ll get either the Rays-Marlins or the A’s-Cardinals on MLB Network, plus you have UCLA-Florida in College World Series action on ESPN. Gerrit Cole starts tomorrow for the Bruins, but they’re sending Trevor Bauer out to the mound tonight, and he’s another potential first rounder next year. I can’t recommend the CWS enough, just great baseball. Anything goes tonight, just be cool.

1. forensicnucchem says:

Red Sox have 4 errors today. That’s hard to do with today’s Official Scorers so hesitant to give out errors.

Teh Defense!!1!!!

2. Ivan says:

RAB Riding their own dick…Can’t say I blame ya guys.

3. Still not used to this whole different time zone thing. I saw this post on Twitter and did a double take, wondering why there’s an open thread at midnight. Then I was like, “Oh, duh…”

Anyway, huge congrats to you guys. You deserve it!

• Kevin G. says:

Why are you in a different time zone?

• I’m on vacation/a genealogy research trip in the UK. I’ve been in Northern Ireland for almost a week now.

• BigBlueAL says:

They must be going crazy over there with the way England’s soccer team is playing so far. lol

• They are. I haven’t even seen the US play, however.

• BigBlueAL says:

Crazy game vs Slovenia. Great comeback but they have to stop conceding goals in the opening minutes of every damn game.

• I saw there was a big fuss about a referee taking a goal away from the US in that game. Was it as bad as everyone says?

• BigBlueAL says:

Yeah. I mean Ive watch/read stuff from even the british papers and the BBC/ITV highlights show and everyone is completely stunned on why the ref called a foul on the USA.

Worst part is he blew the whistle so early it makes it even more curious.

• Mike HC says:

Yea. It is at the point that there is not even a point of arguing because the call is so egregiously bad.

I actually think it can help this team though long term possibly. Kind of a reminder that its us against the world and come out with something to prove next game and into the rest of the tourney. Blessing in disguise I truly believe.

4. j says:

i squealed when i saw that yesterday before the game started…

5. bexarama says:

Twins entered the bottom of the ninth against Philly down 9-4.

They just tied it up.

6. UWS says:

Vuvuzelas at the Rays-Marlins game.

Urge to kill…rising…

7. BigBlueAL says:

Torre is bringing in his closer in a tied game on the road?? But he is stupid and the genius Girardi would never do that!!!!

8. jay says:

bout time yall got the recognition.

9. forensicnucchem says:

Did YES not tell any of you guys that they were going to be doing a dedicated commercial like that? Seems like they would at least give you a heads up. Guess that’s too much work for them.

10. Congrats to all three of you guys. Nobody deserves it more, the quality of the writing and analysis here is second to none, and it’s nice to see you guys get promoted for being what most of us around here already know, that this is the best Yankee blog around.

11. Joe West's Music Career says:

Holy shit that’s awesome. Big congrats to Ben, Mike n Joe. That’s bigtime boys. And to think I blogged here when…

12. Dela G says:

holy shit the twins took the lead

my fantasy team is rejoicing because mauer is on FIYA

13. Dela G says:

aaaand like clockwork, Zach grienke has already given up 2 runs. i can’t believe i picked this guy over tim lincecum

ugh

14. http://bombersbeat.mlblogs.com.....issue.html

Imagine if Joba didn’t notice, and then saw some hot chick sitting in the front row. We could have celebrated Flag Day a week late.

15. Tiger Woods says:

please use this opportunity to shut up the b-jobbers with logic.

16. Mike HC says:

Congrats on the well deserved recognition. Now don’t let it get to your head and big time us peons, ha.

Keep it up guys! I would be lost without his blog, no joke.

17. Sleepykarl says:

Gonna have to brace myself for a series of, “Brackman is a bust, he cannot even get out guys 5 years younger than him,” on tonights DOTF.

18. bexarama says:

This Twins/Phillies game is completely insane and I’m just listening to it on the radio!

19. http://www.nydailynews.com/spo.....Yankees%29

I love how she’s sitting there, half-naked, as if to say “LOOK AT ME! I’M SHOCKING, AREN’T I?” and everyone around here is paying no attention whatsoever.

• BigBlueAL says:

I dont get the fascination with her at all.

• Her music is really good, and if she underplayed her image I’d find her to be kinda sexy. But she overplays it, so everyone just looks to knock her. She’s a lot like Christina Aguilera to me. Love her music, think she’s good looking but have no idea why she feels the need to go so over the top.

• BigBlueAL says:

Christina Aguilera is still trying to upstage Britney like she has her whole career. Still thinks she is competing with her, cant get over the fact that Britney’s music sold so much more than her and she was way more popular than her when their careers started.

• Cecala says:

Holy Shit thats my aunts fiance behind her texting!!!

20. jon says:

Jesus just hit a homer dude is finally heating up

• Dela G says:

i am loving that he has been on fire the past 2 weeks. i knew he’d turn it around. I hope he is setting .010 percentage point goals for himself and increase his average on a weekly basis till he gets to that comfortable .300+ level :)

21. Carcillo says:

Ahahaha.

Ross Gload.

22. Dela G says:

wow the twins blew the lead…. that means potentially more joe mauer time!

23. Dela G says:

there have been 9 homeruns in the twins/phillies game

now that is what you call band box play

24. Dela G says:

boy, rauch just doesn’t want this game to end

25. Greg G. says:

Sorry I’m so late to the party…congrats on the TV ad, gents. Well done!

26. pat says:

This means you’re doing something right-

27. I hate vuvuzelas. I have a headache from watching this Rays-Marlins game.

28. Mike Axisa says:

Matt den Dekker just made the catch of the century.

29. Kiersten says:

You know what sucks? Working on Saturday night.

Trying really hard to remind myself why I want to work in the newspaper industry right now…

30. YankeeJosh says:

The first time I saw the commercial it took me a minute to get it because in my head this site is “River Avenue Blues” and the announcer kept saying River Ave Blues Dot Com” But great job guys, you deserve the publicity as the best Yankees blog on the net.

31. Ana says:

Yo nice commercial. It made me happy :)

32. Jose the Satirist says:

Why haven’t I ever thought of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvLu9Nfd_SU

33. deuce bag poster says:

I’m not watching this Twins-Phils game. WTF is happening?

34. bonestock94 says:

Just turned on the rays game, wtf, vuvuzelas!?

35. John Jaso has a BB:K ratio of 25:15. That is some OBP Jesus right there.

36. theyankeewarrior says:

That commercial is total sweetness. Congrats, fellas.

Now it’s to the bars for theyankeewarrior…

/referringtomyselfinthethirdperson’d

37. That commercial is the second most awesome thing ever, after only me.

38. Chris Coghlan was thismotherfuckingclose to having his children crushed by a 93 MPH fastball. He got lucky because it only drilled him in the thigh.

39. Dela G says:

florida marlins plz dont win this game, i really needed a jeff niemann win

40. Kevin says:

Marlins tie it! Whoooo!

41. Dela G says:

@#)*&)*#$&*&#*@#(*)#@

42. MrJigginz says:

I’m late,but congrats you guys on the commercial…You’ve been the best baseball blog,IMO,since I first stumbled upon youz guyz.This blog means a lot to a lot of us,and your work is highly appreciated.

43. deuce bag poster says:

How the fuck did Tiger Woods get to four back in the U.S. Open? Last I checked he was nine back.

Fucked up marriage life aside, that man is just freakishly good at what he does.

44. Andrew Brotherton says:

Bucky F’n Dent’s son just came in the game. How awesome would it be if we drafted him and he hit a homerun eliminating the Red Sox? Like Father Like Son?

45. bexarama says:

What in the world just happened in the Rays/Marlins game? o_O

46. Rick in Boston says:

Congrats to the RABbis on this, it’s well deserved. I can’t think of another blog out there that’s as well done as this, as consistantly as RAB is. Thankfully I followed Mike here from one of his previous stops and I’ve been hooked ever since.

47. FIPster Doofus says:

Why is James Shields pitching the 10th inning of the Rays game?

• bexarama says:

Because he’s Big Game James.

No, I have no idea. Maybe their bullpen is shot? Garza got annihilated and left before even two innings yesterday.

• FIPster Doofus says:

That’s it, and what Carlos said. I was taken aback when I pulled up Gameday and saw Shields pitching.

• The Rays ate into too much of their bullpen. They used Soriano for two innings and failed to do much of anything in the eighth or ninth.

• Mike Axisa says:

Lance Cormier is available, but the pitcher’s spot is due up this inning. Maddon didn’t want to double switch out Crawford or Longoria, so he used Shields for an inning. Then he’ll be able to bring in Cormier for multiple innings without having to send him to the plate.

48. The Marlins pitching staff has issued 10 walks and only one of the 10 walked has scored #ycpb.

49. Dela G says:

holy shit there’s chewbacca in the stands of the marlins game

50. Dela G says:

wow they walked in a run

wow

51. Dela G says:

wowowowow that was not strike 2

52. bexarama says:

Jorge Sosa is really bad

53. Kevin says:

Well, at least I got a win out of James Shields for my fantasy team…

54. Nigel Bangs says:

way late, but huge congrats on the tv spot. pride, power, pinstripes, pawlikowski?

55. holy wow the Marlins have the bases loaded and there’s still nobody out.

56. This Rays-Marlins game is just like the Mets-Cards game, except there’s more offense involved.

57. Dela G says:

holy shit the marlins are making a comeback???

58. Nigel Bangs says:

Fucking vuvuzelas.

59. This is one of the only times you can root for FLA. They have two shots to help the Yankees add a half game to the divisional lead.

60. Dela G says:

man what a great time to change the mlb.tv channel!

i have this and the trainwreck in colorado to watch

61. mike c says:

this game is pathetic

62. Dela G says:

wow that sucked

63. mike c says:

i just want to say that cano is the 2nd coming of mattingly

64. Goddamnit. Why can’t we have first place for ourselves?

65. Nigel Bangs says:

bummer.

66. boogie down says:

wow, 1st and 3rd, no out, and the marlins can’t score the tying run…this after having already scored three runs in the inning to pull within one..

bah, we were thisclose to sole possession of first!

67. Pasqua says:

The sports anchor on WNBC in NY just referred to Tex’s homerun as “texual healing.” Suck it, Sterling.

68. mike c says:

marlins will tie the game, and it goes on 5 more innings

69. bexarama says:

What a goddamn bizarre Rays/Marlins game.

70. Dax J. says:

I’m so proud of this website, and it ain’t even mine! Congratulations you guys! I loved this website since I read it the first time. Not to mention all the fun I have reading the comments.

71. This made me smile and hopefully after your last post it will do the same for you:
    Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have. :)