Record Last Week: 4-2 (45 RS, 34 RA)
Season Record: 62-35 (533 RS, 405 RA, 61-36 Pythag. record), 3.0 games up
Schedule This Week: @ Indians (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with a much needed day off, but the Angels quickly turned thing sour by blowing the Yankees out on Tuesday. The Yanks did salvage a split of the two game set the next day thanks to Colin Curtis‘ first career homer.
- The Royals came in for a four game series once the Halos left town, and the Yanks did exactly what they were supposed to do. Alex Rodriguez hit his 599th career homer and helped the Yanks take the opener, who also blew KC out on Friday. Sergio Mitre got smacked around in his return to the mound the next day, but another blow out win yesterday gave the Yanks three wins in the series.
- Injury Zone: Nick Swisher missed two games with a sore Achilles, while Andy Pettitte is hopeful for a quick return from his groin strain. Al Aceves will join the team on their road trip this week, and is scheduled to throw some bullpen sessions. Alex Rodriguez is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch in the forearm, ditto top prospect Jesus Montero.
- With a little more than a week before the trade deadline, the Yankees were rumored to be the front-runners to land Diamondbacks’ ace Dan Haren. They were never really close to a deal, and Haren ultimately ended up with the Angels. The Yanks did however make a play for Joakim Soria, and are interested in Jhonny Peralta.
- Jon Albaladejo was recalled following Pettitte’s injury, then soon demoted to make room for Mitre.
- Former Yankee manager Ralph Houk passed away at age-90.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.