Jul

Open Thread: Be grateful that you have a brain for thinking and legs to take you places

What the hell are you clapping about? (Photo Credit: Seth Wenig, AP)

I don’t even want to talk about the suckfest from this afternoon. I’ll vent in the recap later. You know what to do with the open thread, so have at it. I recommend going out though. It’s Friday and the weather’s gorgeous, no need to stay indoors.

(Bonus: Anyone get the reference from the title?)

Categories : Open Thread

1. Ross in Jersey says:

PREPARE FOR ANGRY MIKE

2. Captain Jack says:

At least AJ had a solid outing, and that’s a much more pressing issue going forward. The Yankees can fix the bullpen through other options, they have trade chips and a few options in the minors…it’s not an insurmountable obstacle. TBH, I’d be more worried if they won like 9-7 and AJ had a shit outing.

3. Kiko Jones says:

What a pitiful way for my streak to end; I had never been present for a Yankee loss at the Stadium, old or new. Plus, it was my little nephew’s first game. Ugh.

Well, at least we had Good AJ today…

4. Will (the other one) says:

Switched-up Dr. Seuss?

(Anything to avoid talking about the game.)

5. bexarama says:

My fortune cookie didn’t have a fortune. That’s pretty much a good summary of today. (at least I have a shiny, gorgeous new TV.)

6. The209 says:

You can do what you dream about,
    Just believe in…

7. VA Yank says:

Is it a Simpson’s quote? I’m keeping my fingers crossed something good happened on the farm.

8. dan g. says:

when is someone going to get traded,fired,or hung…………………..we need blood letting after this one!

9. matt damon wayans says:

Mets sign Brian Bruney. Lookout, October baseball is coming to Queens.

10. Reggie C. says:

At least AJ turned in a nice effort. Furthermore, with the July 2nd pd in full swing, I have faith in our international scouts that they’ll pick up a Dominican arm who’ll emerge as the next A-Vizcaino.

• Reggie C. says:

Seriously, with all the trouble that DePaula has put himself through with the lying, how much could it take to sign him? Why not make a take-it-or-leave-it $1 million dollar offer. Havent read that his stuff has deteriorated so he’s got a good shot at pitching in Charleston next season.

11. Jake H says:

O was bad but AJ wad really good.

12. Andy_C_23 says:

Why weren’t the Yanks wearing the white hats with the flag in the logo? It seemed that every other team was wearing them today.

13. Kiersten says:

Adrian Beltre now has a higher batting average than Robinson Cano.

Not okay.

14. Esteban says:

I’m starting to think that the Knicks are gonna end up with Amare and someone like Rafer Alston.
    If they don’t get Lebron or Wade, might as well wait for Carmelo next year

15. Craig says:

Have the Yanks signed any free agents yet?

16. Craig says:

International free agents

17. dan g. says:

cashman goes cheap with the bullpen………………lets try some farm hands……………

18. dan g. says:

not going to stop talking until yanks do something…………….

19. forensicnucchem says:

Intriguing, the Twins broadcaster just said the Yanks are stockpiling money to sign Crawford because they have an aging outfield. Yeah, you hear that alot when your outfielders are 26, 29, and 29.

20. leo says:

yanks lost…but holland won! i’ll take it. oh and first post. hi.

21. leo says:

did you ghana play? damn i feel sorry for that guy..hope he they keep any sharp objects away from him..

22. leo says:

a question which has been on my mind for a while: defensive stats are only really reliable when used on a 3 year period, right? so why do they still use it on a one year basis to measure a player’s performance in war? hope you know what i mean..english isn’t my first language..or second for that matter.

23. Iron says:

Weather gorgeous ??? It’s raining here in Daytona Beach…

24. Vinny the Bull says:

So, how ’bout them Red Sox losing a crap-ton of players to the DL?

• Andrew518 says:

Seem to keep winning though, I’m afraid it’s all the bad karma I’m building up from laughing everytime one of them gets hurt. It’s never nice to take pleasure in others misfortune but with the sox…..

25. godfather says:

Nothing can save the Cubs, including Marmol. So let’s deal for the King of K, sending Joba and a package to the friendly confines. Mariano’s stand-in spends the meantime bridging NYY’s gap du jour: inning No. 8.