Fan Confidence Poll: August 16th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 3-4 (26 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 72-45 (617 RS, 475 RA, 73-44 Pythag. record), one game up
Schedule This Week: vs. Tigers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with the final game of a four game set against the Red Sox, but the offense couldn’t get it done and the Yankees had to settle for a split.
- With Mark Teixeira away from the team to be with his birth giving wife, the Yanks dropped the first of two games against the Rangers when Mariano Rivera had one of his rare meltdowns. They battled back against Cliff Lee and Texas’ bullpen the next night, stealing victory from the jaws of defeat. Another series, another split.
- After that intense series in Texas, the Yanks headed to Kansas City and survived a late surge by the Royals to take the opener. The dropped the second game amidst heavy rain, but they rebounded to win the next day on the strength of three Alex Rodriguez homeruns. Former first overall pick Bryan Bullington shut the Yanks down yesterday, giving the Yanks their third split in as many series.
- Injury Zone: Andy Pettitte had his simulated game pushed back a day because of a sore hip, and then suffered a bit of a setback when he finally did throw. He rejoined the team and will restart his rehab program this week. Al Aceves threw a pair of rehab starts and will continue on that path this week. Lance Berkman is day-to-day with a jammed right ankle.
- Not long after we campaigned to platoon him, Curtis Granderson asked Kevin Long for help with his swing. He’s been making changes all season long.
- The Yanks signed several draft picks to over slot deals, including second rounder Angelo Gumbs, third rounder Rob Segedin, ninth rounder Taylor Morton, tenth rounder Ben Gamel, 12th rounder Dan Burawa, and 30th rounder Zach Nuding.
- The Yankees and Modell’s teamed up for discount game day ticket sale program.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.