Record Last Week: 5-2 (46 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 77-47 (663 RS, 501 RA, 79-45 Pythag. record), one game up
Schedule This Week: @ Blue Jays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ White Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Home for seven days following their disappointing showing in Kansas City, the Yankees started off their series against Detroit by dropping a game when a late rally fell short. The bad times ended there though, as CC Sabathia led his team to a win on Tuesday. The offense carried the Yanks to victory on both Wednesday and Thursday for the rare four game series win.
- The Mariners rolled into town the next day, but the buzzkill known as Felix Hernandez shut the Yanks right down in the series opener. Thankfully the offense came back to life the next day and the Yanks were able to keep it going yesterday.
- Injury Zone: The Yanks limited Javy Vazquez’s between-start work in an effort to liven up his stuff. After suffering a setback last week, an MRI revealed a small strain in Andy Pettitte’s groin, which creates a pitching problem. Alex Rodriguez left Monday’s game with a calf strain, but a few days off didn’t do the trick. An MRI revealed a low grade calf strain, so Alex hit a 15-day disabled list after he re-injured himself. Nick Swisher left Monday’s game with a forearm injury, but he’s since returned. Al Aceves continued his rehab, but isn’t quite ready to rejoin the team. Neither is Nick Johnson, who continues to feel pain in his surgically repaired wrist.
- Ivan Nova was recalled from Triple-A Scranton to give the starting rotation a little bit of a breather this week, which is part of their September plans. Eduardo Nunez was also summoned to help out while A-Rod is on the shelf.
- Zach McAllister was sent to the Indians as the player to be named later in the Austin Kearns deal.
- CC Sabathia made Yankee history yesterday, bolstering his Cy Young case.
- In their first significant international signing of the year, the Yanks signed Dominican shortstop Christopher Tamarez. They also inked fourth rounder Mason Williams and 16th rounder Evan Rutckyj to above slot deals before the signing deadline.
- The Yanks sent some serious heat to scout Yu Darvish recently.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.