Fan Confidence Poll: August 9th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (28 RS, 27 RA)
Season Record: 69-41 (591 RS, 452 RA, 69-41 Pythag. record), 2.5 games up
Schedule This Week: vs. Red Sox (one game, Mon.), @ Rangers (two games, Tues. and Weds.), @ Royals (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following their downer of a series in Tampa, the Yankees came home to face the homer happy Blue Jays in a three game set. A.J. Burnett melted down in Monday’s loss, then Ricky Romero completely dominated the Yanks in another loss the next day, dropping them into second place in the AL East. Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th career homerun en route to salvaging the series on Wednesday.
- Despite not playing on Thursday, the Yanks climbed back on top of the division by half-a-game when the Twins beat the Rays. The wrap-around weekend set with Boston started with a communication breakdown and an error that led to a loss, though CC Sabathia stepped up and did what aces do the next day: he gave his team a win when they needed it the most. Injury fill-in Dustin Moseley was outstanding yesterday to give the Yanks another much-needed win.
- Injury Zone: Al Aceves is getting close to a rehab appearance while Andy Pettitte will throw one early next week. A-Rod was hit in the shin by a line drive in batting practice on Saturday and had to miss that one game. Javy Vazquez is in the middle of a dead arm period. Burnett came up with back spasms yesterday and had his start pushed back to Tuesday.
- In the wake of the trade deadline, we learned the Yanks had a deal in place for Mike Lowell and had interest in Willie Harris. For whatever reason, the Yanks intend to keep an eye on Jose Guillen. The Pirates claimed Chan Ho Park – and the remainder of his contract – off waivers.
- The Yanks have a difficult road ahead when you look at the remainder of their schedule.
- WCBS 880 tops MLB’s cumulative radio ratings.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.