Fan Confidence Poll: September 20th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (29 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 90-59 (792 RS, 611 RA, 93-56 Pythag. record), 0.5 games up
Schedule This Week: vs. Rays (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with a trip to Tampa to take on the Rays with first place in the AL East on the line. The Yankees dropped a pitcher’s duel in the first game, but rallied for the win on Tuesday thanks to Jorge Posada‘s extra innings homer. Dan Johnson almost singlehandedly won the game for Tampa on Wednesday, giving the Rays first place in the division.
- After a much needed day off, Alex Rodriguez put the Yanks back in the win column with a monster homerun in the ninth inning in Baltimore. CC Sabathia earned his 20th win of the season in blowout the next night, but the Yanks couldn’t hold the lead in Andy Pettitte‘s return and lost yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Mark Teixeira is playing through a broken toe, and Brett Gardner had to get a cortisone shot in his sore wrist. Nick Swisher also had to get a cortisone shot after an MRI revealed inflammation in his left knee.A.J. Burnett is sporting a new black eye.
- Royce Ring was added to the active roster at the expense of Chad Huffman, who was designated for assignment and claimed by the Indians. Romulo Sanchez was also recalled. Wilkin DeLaRosa, who was DFA’d last week, cleared waivers and remains with the team.
- High-A Tampa won the Florida State League Championship for the second consecutive season, but Double-A Trenton lost in the Eastern League finals. The Yanks will purchase Triple-A Scranton and keep the team there.
- Reports indicate that Yu Darvish is “highly likely” to be posted this winter, and expect the Yanks to be interested if true.
- Don Mattingly is taking over for Joe Torre as Dodgers manager next year, and the two will be on hand for the George Steinbrenner tribute at Yankee Stadium later tonight.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)