Sep

Game 153: CC vs. Price, Part II

This is what an ace looks like. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

Last week we were treated to perhaps the most well pitched game of the season when CC Sabathia and David Price locked up for eight or so scoreless innings before giving way to the bullpen. Unfortunately someone had to lose, and on that night it happened to be the Yankees in extra innings. I was in attendance for that one in Tampa, and I certainly had never been to a game where both pitchers were that dominant for so long. I’ll be in attendance again tonight, and if we get anything remotely as exciting as that game, I’ll be thrilled. Of course, a different outcome would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the lineup…

Jeter, SS
Swisher, RF
Teixeira, 1B
A-Rod, 3B
Cano, 2B
Thames, DH
Posada, C
Granderson, CF
Golson, LF

And on the bump, it’s Carsten Sabathia.

This one starts a little after 7pm ET and can be seen on either YES locally or MLB Network nationally. Enjoy.

Categories : Game Threads

1. So, Josh Norris of the Trentonian, who covers the Thunder beat, as agreed to do an interview with moi.

If you have any questions you’d like asked, let me know and if they’re good ones I’ll ask them!

2. Carlosologist says:

Let’s kill Tampa and not have to deal with these asshats until the middle of October.

3. Nom Chompsky says:

I was playing around on Fangraphs, and something stood out to me:

You know where Derek Jeter ranks amongst AL Shortstops in batting runs?

First.

Even in his “sky is falling, oh noez” year, he is essentially the best hitting shortstop in his league. Salary/history aside, he really hasn’t performed that badly.

• Carlosologist says:

But Jeter’s horrible offensive season is offset by the poor quality of AL shortstops this season.

• Nom Chompsky says:

That’s the thing — he’s only having a horrible offensive season compared to what we’re used to seeing from him. Clearly, relative to the other AL options at shortstop, he’s having a GOOD offensive season.

In the time it took me to write this comment, Troy Tulowitzki hit two home runs and narrowly missed a third when it hit a pigeon mid-flight.

• I’d argue it’s more a comment about the state of AL shortstops, but that’s just me.

• Nom Chompsky says:

Sure. My point was simply this: for as much as people complain about Jeter’s offense, every other AL team has it worse.

• MikeD says:

…and it’s a valid point. If people want to replace Jeter, well, we’ll need a replacement. The Sox have gone through six or seven SS’s since 2004. Let’s not join that club. We’ll need a Jeter replacement, just not today.

• The one gigantic hole in this argument:

Those other teams that are saddled with that poor, non-Jeterian production at SS aren’t paying those players 20M a year (nor will they continue to do so for the next 3-5 years as their respective shortstops move into their late 30s).

• Chris says:

The goal is to win, so having the best player at a given position is important. You’d rather not overpay, but when the choice is to overpay for a good player or pay market rate for a crappy one – over paying for the good player is generally the right move.

In the end, you need to have the best 25 player (give or take) roster, not the 25 best contracts. Going for the best 25 contracts makes you the Marlins.

• AndrewYF says:

Plugging the hole (preemptive TWSS) -

The Yankees have clearly not been hampered by Jeter’s salary.

• Poopy Pants says:

You’re right. I hope the Yankees give him 10 years at 20 million/year this offseason.

4. Feinsand says Brackmonster is wearing 66.

Sorry, Carlos.

5. CBean says:

Run support for CC would be greatly appreciated.

6. ZZ says:

tommie,

I was just kidding before about the knowledge thing with Marte. Cashman mentioned it in an interview.

7. So, when you were playing what number did you wear?

I wore 8 cos it was the only t-shirt they had small enough to fit me

8. MikeD says:

Sadly, another game on Yankees Classics.

9. U Thant says:

To quote my second favorite Mariano…..We play today. We win today..Dass it.

10. Hm, the MLB Network panel of John Hart, Joe Magrane, and Al Leiter gave the CY Young to CC in a unanimous vote. I’m not really that surprised

• I’m going to try not to give up on America here…

• Apollo22237 says:

I guess we have to root for like a 7-5 victory where C.C goes 6 2/3 and gives up 4. Not too bad, but enough to look bad in comparison to King Felix.

• bexarama says:

Honestly, if CC’s gonna win the CYA, and I think he will (not that he should), I’m gonna root for him to actually deserve it. So, CC, please be ridiculously dominant from here on out. kthnx

• MikeD says:

I am NOT rooting against CC at any point. Go out there and pitch a perfect game.

• ZZ says:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read from a Yankee fan.

You are rooting against CC Sabathia, because you think, keyword being think there that Felix Hernandez should win the CY Young. Incredible.

• ZZ says:

The only thing sillier than the people who have been saying that without a doubt Felix Hernandez deserves the CY Young is the people who decided the CY Young weeks ago with like 15% of the season left for these pitchers.

• Weeks ago with like 15% of the season left, Felix had a massive lead and needed to completely collapse to have CC catch him.

He didn’t collapse. CC’s been great down the stretch, and solidly deserves to finish #2. But what we said weeks ago is still correct: Felix Hernandez is the best pitcher in the American League, hands down.

• ZZ says:

Like I said.

Saying Hernandez is hands down the best pitcher is silly.

There are several deserving candidates.

• bexarama says:

There are several, and it’s closer between Felix and whoever you think is #2 than it was between Greinke and whoever you thought was #2 last year, but that’s more a testament to how awesome Greinke was than any sort of dig at Felix. But it’s not silly to say he’s the best.

• No. There are several deserving candidates for third place.

There is only one deserving candidate for the award (Felix) and only one deserving candidate for second place (CC).

Saying Hernandez is hands down the best pitcher isn’t silly, it’s the truth. Saying that there are several deserving candidates for the AL Cy Young is like saying that there are several Numbers in the 90s deserving of being bigger than Number 100.

• ZZ says:

These comments are why I generally choose to stay away from the Cy Young discussions.

To be honest it borders on obnoxious when people claim to know without a doubt who is the best. There are so many factors and variables, that making that statement is nearly impossible. Like Hernandez playing a park that drastically suppresses offense and in front of an amazing defense.

There are 3 or 4 pitchers that I have no problem getting the award and all have a valid case for being the best.

I will be rooting for CC as a Yankee fan though.

• Chris says:

Hernandez pitches in one of the best pitchers parks in baseball, and then goes on the road in his division to pitch in two more good pitchers parks (Oakland and LA). CC on the other hand, pitches in a great hitters park and has three other hitters parks in his division (Boston, Baltimore and Toronto).

When you take all that into account, I’d still give the award to Felix, but it’s not as big a gap as it appears on the surface.

• JobaWockeeZ says:

I agree. There are a lot of deserving pitchers but if I was a voter I would still pick King Felix.

• There are a lot of deserving excellent pitchers but if I was a voter I would still pick King Felix.

Every year, there’s lots of pitchers who have had amazingly awesome dynamite seasons. Only one of them each year “deserves” the award, though: the one who had the best season of all.

• JobaWockeeZ says:

I disagree, there are multiple deserving candidates. Cliff Lee for example while he’s lagging in IP by 30 still provided for fWAR by 0.4

Franisco Liriano has 0.3 for fWAR than the King.

While WAR isn’t end all be all there are certainly multiple deserving candidates IMO.

• bexarama says:

John Hart is such a condescending idiot, though at least he gave us deep and thick. Love Leiter to pieces, but he’s a terrible Yankees/Mets homer. Don’t really care about Magrane either way.

• CC’s got a strong case.

He’s a horse that pitches a ton of innings, he’s got one of the lowest ERA’s in the league, and he leads the AL with 20 NOTHPALFIALOCARGWHOHSMRTHOHDA’s (Number Of Times Having Pitched At Least 5 Innings and Left (or Completed) A Regulation Game With His Offense Having Scored More Runs Than He (Or His Defense) Allowed) and he has only 6 NOTHAPVFOHDMRWITRGATPORTTNORSBHODTSPOT’s (Number Of Times Having Allowed (Possibly Via Fault Of His Defense) More Runs Whilst In The Regulation Game As The Pitcher Of Record Than That Number Of Runs Scored By His Offense During That Same Period Of Time).

Impressive.

• Kiersten says:

Ok I understand, and completely agree, that Felix deserves the Cy Young. But let’s stop acting like CC hasn’t had a fantastic year and that it would be a travesty if he won the award. He’s been the second-best pitcher in the AL this year, pitching for the best team in the AL. And maybe the team he pitches for shouldn’t matter, but it does. It’s not like they’re trying to give A.J. Burnett the Cy Young.

• Ok I understand, and completely agree, that Felix deserves the Cy Young.

He does, thank you for acknowledging that.

But let’s stop acting like CC hasn’t had a fantastic year

Nobody is.

and that it would be a travesty if he won the award.

It would be. Because his fantastic year isn’t the MOST fantastic year.

He’s been the second-best pitcher in the AL this year,

Which is why it would be a travesty if he won it, because he’s only second best, and we all know it.

pitching for the best team in the AL.

Since the reason his team is better than Felix’s team has nothing to do with either Felix or CC, I fail to see how that matters.

• Apollo22237 says:

I have to admit, I very much enjoy when you do sentence by sentence breakdowns like this.

• bexarama says:

I’m a huge defender of Felix but IMO there’s a difference between “a travesty” and “not the optimal choice.” CC winning would be far from an optimal choice, but not a travesty. It’s like Clemens winning in 2001. People act like it was a horrible choice now. It wasn’t. It just wasn’t optimal. Mooooooooose!

• 69 says:

and that it would be a travesty if he won the award.

It would be. Because his fantastic year isn’t the MOST fantastic year.
          —————
          Travesty implies a grotesque imitation of the real McCoy . I will go with the word injustice or shame.

• ZZ says:

You are lying to yourself if you think you know without a doubt who is the best pitcher this season.

• “Lying to myself”?

Gimme a fucking break, ZZ. Just stop.

• ZZ says:

You can continue to carry on like this, but the people that claim these things are frankly wrong.

You can’t possibly make that type of determination with the little analysis people like you tend to do.

It is also hilarious about all the stat heads are ignoring that CC tops bref WAR now when they go on their rants.

You can continue to carry on though, because like I said I hate these conversations given their obnoxiousness.

11. HotCarl says:

Bold lock of the game; Golsen homers.

12. DallasGreen says:

potential for another classic tonight!

13. bexarama says:

That was … an intro

14. Golson in left? What are the statistical probability odds of the game ending on a Golson caught fly in left then double play on the throw to third with Crawford running again?

15. Carlosologist says:

IMO, I think Felix should win the Cy Young because he’s been the best pitcher in baseball, but if CC gets 21-22 wins then he’s a lock for the hardware.

/saddenedwithbaseballwritersandtheirsimplebrains’d

16. Greg says:

Doesn’t look like CC’s sharp. Better hope Price is the same

17. JM says:

Hopefully next inning CC can get the pitch count lower.

18. Greg says:

Also his velocity isdown a tad

19. Kit says:

The fuck is that noise…

20. Greg says:

All right, let’s make Price work

21. Greg says:

Importsnt to note. Last time we played Price, we ran like the wind in him

22. Copperhead65 says:

Damn

23. Kit says:

DAMMIT! So close.

24. Accent Shallow says:

Teixeira has to be so pissed right now. Robbed by Rocco Baldelli? That’s like getting robbed by the Easter Bunny.

25. Kiersten says:

The Rays broadcasters are so. awful.

26. How does David “Vincent” Price look tonight? I’m not at home :/

27. MikeD says:

Baldelli is going to need a week off after this first inning.

28. In a similar match up in the playoffs do we put the same lineup out there? Specifically Golson in LF (w/ Golsen pinch hitting)?

29. Just got home…. puttin in that OT!

How we lookin?

30. Mickey Scheister says:

Nice inside strike call after the non strike call on the check swing to far, baseball karma.

31. Mickey Scheister says:

1-2-3 strikes your OUT, save your arm CC, strike out a Ray. Just beautiful pitching!

32. JobaWockeeZ says:

Today 100 percent should vote for 1.

33. Accent Shallow says:

Who was the guy here who recalled giggling with David Price about how easy it would be to get Robbie out?

34. Kit says:

HOLY FUCK, THAMES. BEAUTIFUL.

35. 40 pitches in 2 innings for Cy Sabathia, yeesh

36. FUCK YEAH

That’s Mr. Thames to you!

37. Greg says:

THEY CALL ME MR. THAMES

38. Mickey Scheister says:

Thames is a MONSTER.

39. theyankeewarrior says:

I’m sorry, but the Rays have an absolutely terrible lineup. Price is great, but CC will counter him in every game. The rest of TBs rotation is very similar to ours:

Garza v Pettitte
    Shields v AJ
    Hughes v Davis

Our pen has the edge on their pen. Our lineup absolutely murders their lineup.

This guy isn’t scared of no Rays.

Speaking of…. THAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

40. larryf says:

Sitting fastball

Good Thames are here again!

41. Dustin Blowsley says:

Lefty Masher!

42. nsalem says:

I’ve seen this movie before.

Randy Johnson

43. Total Dominication says:

THEY CALL HIM Mr. THAMES!!!!!!

44. JobaWockeeZ says:

Another wild card team and extended replay? Thank you Bud for considering it but please put it in.

45. Jon in CUO says:

Thames is nasty.

46. I once sailed the river Thames. It was nice.

• Betty Lizard says:

Sweet Thames, run softly till I end my song,
      Sweet Thames, run softly, for I speak not loud or long.
      But at my back in a cold blast I hear
      The rattle of the bones, and chuckle spread from ear to ear.

/TS Eliot’d

47. CBean says:

Our DH spot is looking much better than it has.

48. esteban in DFW airport says:

That man Thames is a bad bad man

49. Dustin Blowsley says:

Jorgie, phone!

50. Jorge looked like a shark on that strike out

51. Greg says:

Price was pissed

Thames: The Price is WRONG, bitch!

52. Brooklyn Ed says:

for a second, i thought i was watching the posada’s directv commerical. same exact scenario.

53. Sunil says:

if this is all cc needs, and he cruises through the next few innings, i think it would really solidify his case for cy young

54. JobaWockeeZ says:

With CC that may be all they need.

55. JM says:

Quick inning, pl0x.

56. Dustin Blowsley says:

I wouldn’t mind a 2-0 win.

57. Good effort by Golson, at least he didn’t look like a shark striking out like Jorge

Jorge will get them next time though

58. Sunil says:

with the way philly has looked, i would covet a 2-0 win. roy oswalt pitched a 1 hitter or something i think. that two roy 1-2 punch by philly is looking retarted

59. ZZ says:

Thames has had some huge hits for the Yankees. Amazing how much he has produced for them this year when he was generally an afterthought.

He is a streaky hitter and hits HRs in bunches. Hopefully another one of his streaks are about to begin.

60. Mickey Scheister says:

Getting the inside corner, I like, I like!

61. Greg says:

Bartlett’s been a pest

62. Hey, Bex, the Giants just put up 10 runs in 2 innings. I don’t think your ycpb post will be tough to make tonight.

63. Kit says:

Ground ball to an infielder, CC.

64. Greg says:

Looks like we’re going to need our good bullpen tonight

65. yankwin says:

at work so gameday can’t tell me how CC has looked. high pitch count I see so how has he actually looked?

66. 69 says:

Tuberius Giganticus will prevail !

67. Well, that could have been worse. Textbook rundown with a runner on 3rd, though. Made sure to freeze Crawford before tagging out Zobrist. Really heads-up by Tex and Jeter.

68. tom says:

I have faith in CC, but I can’t help thinking, Damn, wish he had last week’s stuff tonight. This is going to be agony again.

• MikeD says:

But Flash kept telling us in the first inning that it was clear CC had bought his A game to the mound. He kept saying it even though CC’s velocity was down, two runners were on, he was over 20 pitches!

That said, I have faith CC will battle through,and could even improve. Gotta get the pitch count down.

69. NYY-SWISH says:

Bad CC. Too many hits. :(

70. All Star Carl says:

CC at 58 pitches already. Needs to settle down.

71. Cy Pettitte says:

Swisher “FUUUUCCCKKK” was hilarious

72. Dustin Blowsley says:

You kiss your mother with that mouth, Nick?

73. Kit says:

Tex! More hits, guys!

74. NYY-SWISH says:

Time for the Vampire Diaries! HOLLLAAAAAA!

75. Nice to see Tex get some BABIP love there. He’s been dreadful with the bat lately.

76. Mickey Scheister says:

That’s sexy Texy! Two good ABs so far, come back time for Big Tex! Cmon Alex, mash one!

77. JobaWockeeZ says:

Pitcher A: 34 GS 230 IP 7.71 K/9 2.62 BB/9 3.39 FIP 3.82 xFIP 6.0 WAR
    Pitcher B: 32 GS 224 IP 7.35 K/9 2.77 BB/9 3.58 FIP 3.83 xFIP 4.4 WAR

What the hell? Why is pitcher A with barely sexier stats have a 1.6 WAR difference? Bonus points to whoever guesses these two pitchers.

• MikeD says:

They’re both CC.

Unlike B-R, my guess is FanGraphs has not updated its park factors, or had a different way of calulating it. Considering how YS has played this year, I’d thnk his WAR would be higher this year, as it is on B-R.

• JobaWockeeZ says:

Yeah that may be it thanks. I tired seeing how WAR is calculated but I gave up after the first sentence. Tough it does vary from year to year in calculations I don’t think the same level of performance would have such a drastic change form replacement level.

78. seimiya says:

Now I’m not talking about in the sense of a fine, but do you think someone, somewhere can give Swish a talking-to for swearing loud enough for the mics to pick it up? Because I love it and I think it’s hysterical, but TV is filled with jerks who care about language.

79. Kit says:

Lets make that 190, Robbie.

80. U Thant says:

please stop chasing that high garbage.

81. yankwin says:

alright quick inning here

82. Kit says:

I also wish you luck, Rocco. But not today.

83. charliechoochoo says:

They had to have Swish cut his hair, keep his cap on for after game field interviews…I think that telling him to not swear is getting a bit much. Soon there will be no Swish to Swish.

84. Chip says:

Randy Johnson?

85. yankwin says:

so gameday disagrees blue

86. Slappy White says:

I thought Nick didnt see that one for a sec there

87. ND Mike says:

Bob Costas is funny. On the first fly ball last inning Bob said “…and Swisher limps in and puts it away” Oh Bob, you funny.

88. Sean C says:

I will say, Costas is a treat to listen to on the MLBN broadcast.

89. bexarama says:

Donald Trump’s hair looks even worse than usual

90. Mickey Scheister says:

Michael Kay should really stop trying to sound hip, very awkward.

91. Slappy White says:

Is The Donald applying the self tanning lotion or is he just Orange ?

92. Kit says:

Don’t get ejected, Jorge. C’mon.

93. bexarama says:

Ugh, poor Dontrelle.

94. yankwin says:

on gameday looks like Price is getting a bit bigger zone tonight

95. 69 says:

Anyone grew up in NY was a fan Jerry Girard on WPIX? He was funny as shit IMO. He had a quick wit and rye sense of humor.

96. Dave Miller says:

Yeah, it seems like Price is getting calls that CC isn’t – or am I just biased?

97. EB says:

What chance does anyone have if Price is getting the call low and inside on RHs. Come On

98. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

CC got this .

99. All Star Carl says:

Come on catch that.

100. yankwin says:

oh no here comes Ty Bartlett

101. All Star Carl says:

GJ CC

102. Dave Miller says:

Pitchers best friend.

103. CC Sabathia’s and BJ Upton’s Gameday Pics look like the “Before” and “After”.

Similar eyes, noses, mouths. Just fat and thin.

104. MikeD says:

CC’s pitch count is back in order, at around 75 after five.

105. Cy Pettitte says:

Golson! nice double

106. Kit says:

Say wut?! Golson? Nicely done.

107. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Applauding Joe G, you are a Genius!

108. Greg says:

Question

Do we play smallball with Price?

109. Slappy White says:

Hells yeah Golsen

110. yankwin says:

don’t bunt derek you almost can’t hit into a DP here

111. Copperhead65 says:

Lets drive up price’s pitch count!!!!

112. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

EL CApitain is back !

113. Kit says:

Derek! Love it! Keep it going, boys.

114. Slappy White says:

Kay didnt say Jeterian ….WTF ?

115. Dave Miller says:

Can we get the runner in from 3rd?

116. Dustin Blowsley says:

I tried the Jeterian swing at softball once. It did not end well.

117. Copperhead65 says:

Comon Swish keep the line moving

118. SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE! SQUEEZE!

(yes, I’m kidding.)

119. Dustin Blowsley says:

Tim Mclelland is a smug motherfucker.

120. Kit says:

Swish! Nice!

121. Klemy says:

Swiiiiishhhhaaaaa

122. Copperhead65 says:

Yea we’ll take it

123. Keep the line movin! (And keep praying to the BABIP Gods!)

124. Copperhead65 says:

Comon Tex!!!! Keep the line moving

125. CS Yankee says:

No outs…we need more!

126. Klemy says:

I notice Price isn’t smiling and having as much fun as he was last night.

127. Copperhead65 says:

Thats ok

Comon AROD!!!!!!!

128. Greg says:

Good slider

129. Slappy White says:

Teix shoulda bunted those runners over

/idiot’d

130. Copperhead65 says:

Arod has not had that look on this face since……..KATE HUDSON

131. CS Yankee says:

Arod needs his 26th for the year.

132. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

80 pitches for Price already ! Excellent inning regardless if we score here.

133. Kit says:

Robbie, the last time you hit a home run I was baking cookies. FYI, I am baking cookies again. Make it happen.

134. Dave Miller says:

Good at-bat A-Rod. Make Price work. Get that pitch count up.

135. Copperhead65 says:

That sucks

136. Dustin Blowsley says:

Fuck me.

137. ZZ says:

Looks like the retractions on those who wrote Jeter’s obituary are starting to trickle in.

Scary how little patience was shown for a first ballot HOF from Yankee fans.

• bexarama says:

To be fair, it was the majority of the year. But the hostility was absolutely ridiculous.

• poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

I’m not gonna give him a reprieve. I NEVER “trashed” Jeter. But he had an extremely sub-par year. Let’s not try and tell ourselves his year has “turned around” because of a few good weeks.

• ZZ says:

Not going to give him a reprieve after the career he has had with this team because of 5 subpar months. Like I said, scary.

I don’t think you can conclusively say he is “fixed.”

But then again I never thought he was “broken”

• poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Scary?

Stop with the condescension, man. Jeter is getting old, and this is an age where even the good shortstops generally start falling off. I find it even “scarier” that people atually don’t find a year like this VERY troublesome at his age.

Might he turn it around and have a great year next year? Sure. I’m not saying he won’t. I AM saying there’s cause for concern.

BTW, I never said a word about Jeter’s career as a whole nor called him “broken”.

138. All Star Carl says:

God damn some horrible at bats. All that and only 1 run.

139. Greg says:

Threw him soft stuff away, but the Yanks tack on

140. Klemy says:

Bit of a let down, got away from you, kind of inning.

141. Copperhead65 says:

That Blows

But at least pitch count is 86

142. WHAT THE HELL IF A-ROD TEX AND ROBBIE BUNTED WE WOULD HAVE SCORED LIKE 22 RUNS ITS A FACT SMALLBALLLLLLLLLLL

143. Alright, so he can wiggle out of trouble. Big deal.

144. jonathan says:

Damn Robbie…that hurt

145. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

We might get the soft underbelly of Tampa’s bullpen tonight consider Price is nearing 90 pitches and Benoit threw 28 last night.

Of course, you still have to hit them.

146. Jerome S says:

Serious lack of killer instinct, guys.

147. This is the part of the game where CC dials it up and gets nasty.

148. bexarama says:

Guys, Price is REALLY good, there’s not really deathly shame in him striking people out

149. All Star Carl says:

That sucks.

150. Copperhead65 says:

Comon CC lets not give any back

151. Greg says:

Get the bullpen up

152. Kit says:

Settle down, CC, can’t give those runs back.

153. tom says:

Ugh. Going to be that kind of night.

154. Stop letting Longoria beat you, CC. It’s Ben freaking Zobrist behind him!

155. Copperhead65 says:

This is where the Rays are Annoying

156. Dustin Blowsley says:

What does the binder say, Joe?

157. Jerome S says:

I’m sorry, but on gameday, when I see “Sabathia 20-6 3.03″ and “Zobrist .257 10 HR 52 RBI” I can’t help but think “Overmatched!” So what’s that thing about predicting baseball?

158. Mickey Scheister says:

Cmon CC, Buckle down and strike this fool out!

159. Do it, Big Guy. Shut ‘em down.

160. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Aight, You got this big boy, 2 more to go.

161. Dave Miller says:

Now, we all love McClelland, right?

162. I couldn’t even get mad at the Longoria double because it interrupted the stupid Kay “Felix doesn’t deserve the MVP!!!!” narrative.

163. Kit says:

Ugh, shitty cheap hit.

164. LGY says:

How often does a slow roller like that happen??

165. U Thant says:

weak…and now he needs his rest.

166. Man, if only the Yankees could hit those massive swinging bunts!

/Carl’d

167. Slappy White says:

Rocco uses his weakness to his advantage…..Genious

168. Mickey Scheister says:

FUCK! Little dribbler, the Yanks have so many weak hits against them. Well I’m sure all teams do but damn they hurt!

169. jonathan says:

fuck you babip

170. jonathan says:

a GIDP or K would be massive

171. Copperhead65 says:

Thats what make these Rays annoying, borderline AAA players killing us

172. Kit says:

Brackman! Did you cut your hair?

173. U Thant says:

we can’t can a flyball but the rays can get something cheap like that. you know what you can’t do? predict baseball.

174. LGY says:

Augh dammit!!!

175. Dustin Blowsley says:

Jesus!

176. Mickey Scheister says:

Hey-ZEUS!!

177. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

Aybar… that is the equivalent of Dan Johnson.

178. Kit says:

Fuck. No more, CC. Keep them where they are.

179. All Star Carl says:

Just give us the wild card.

180. U Thant says:

eff. these. effin. rays.

181. jonathan says:

damn how quickly the momentum flips. I thought we’d be at least up 4-1 and now all they need is a fly ball to take the lead….damn….

182. Sheepmeister says:

Personally I want the twins in a short series instead of the rangers with lee twice.

183. Henry says:

Looking at Foley for too long. WTF is Michael Kay smoking. Just like the other day against Texas. “Texas isn’t exactly a threat.” Then they swept the Yankees.

184. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

This is a situation where failure to hit a fly ball deep enough to score a run or just come up with something kills the Yankees.

185. jonathan says:

anybody have the number of 3 ball counts CC has faced? it says he’s throwing like 91 on gamecast. Does he look gassed?

186. Dave Miller says:

Did someone tell the Yankee pitchers the last couple of days that they HAVE to go to a full count on EVERY batter?

187. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

Deep trouble for the Yanks. Crap

188. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Fuck, I put gameday back on and the game is tied. WTF?

189. Henry says:

Who do we blame for the RISP problem the Yankees are having. The players or Girardi?

190. Ouch. That looked like it hurt.

191. Mickey Scheister says:

CC = Command & Control? I know the Ump is inconsistently inconsistent but man up and get these Rays out!

192. Greg says:

Get him out

193. Slappy White says:

Nothing good ever happens after walking Kelly Shoppach

194. All Star Carl says:

Yeah go ahead and walk this scrub CC

195. Trust your fastball, CC.

196. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

CC looks gassed.

197. Kit says:

C’mon, CC. You can do it.

198. Where the hell did that miss?

199. Err.. that pitch looked like more of a strike than the 3-1 pitch.

200. LGY says:

Dammit. This was too sticky of a situation

201. Mickey Scheister says:

Awful! Does this mean Gaudin is coming in?

202. Little Bill says:

It pains me to see these putrid hitters have better at bats with men on base than our best hitters did last inning. Our ace got outdueled by their ace. CC lost this game for us, no excuses. This is what we have to look forward to come October.

203. cano is the bro says:

ugh this sucksssss

204. jonathan says:

wow, my stomach hurts

205. Greg says:

Make up call 101

206. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

Well, three runs, now Joba. Odds are not favorable.

207. bexarama says:

So the 3-1 was a strike but that wasn’t? K

208. Copperhead65 says:

that was a payback call

209. All Star Carl says:

Way to choke Yankees.

210. Kit says:

(shakes head)
    Alright, Joba. Get us the hell out of this inning.

211. Jon in CUO says:

Strike 3 on the corner according to Brooks

212. Jay says:

I’ve discovered an even bigger homer than Michael Kay. His name is Joe Kennedy.

213. Matty says:

I did not see this meltdown coming.

214. RAYRAY from Tampa Bay says:

Chokers

215. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

This performance officially takes CC out of the Cy Young bid. Too many runs, too many pitches, and gave up the lead.

Sad part is, if Price goes 2 more innings, regardless of getting the win, he will win the Cy Young

216. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

This was a bad performance by CC . Let’s hope for min damage.

217. Come on, YES. This is CC’s shortest outing since…?

218. Jerome S says:

Everyone, CTFD. I see cream in the future…

219. Ben says:

Definitely a ball. Price was able to do in the fifth what CC was unable to do in sixth – limit the damage (not to mention Price did it against much tougher hitters).

220. U Thant says:

you don’t walk the 8th and 9th hitters.

221. RAYRAY from Tampa Bay says:

Hitters best Friend Jobaaaaaa

222. Kit says:

Ugh, ugh, ugh. C’mon, Joba. C’mon, offense.

223. Matty says:

CC just said adios to the Cy Young Award.

/Felix’d

224. Cy Pettitte says:

what an epically bad inning

225. Dustin Blowsley says:

Good job, fat boy.

226. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

And there is Joba to officially put the FUCK in the game.

227. All Star Carl says:

You don’t throw 3 sliders in a row to BJ Upton.

228. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED! What are we going to do with our division lead and 99.9% playoff odds! Good season, fellas. Time to pack it up.

229. Little Bill says:

Ballgame over. Pathetic performance by CC. Pathetic at bats last inning by Teixera, Cano, and Thames. The series was going so well after the first two games but the Rays are now going to win the division.

230. The Evil Empire (The original) -Burnett is still way overrated. says:

LOL this guy was supposed to start somehow

231. All Star Carl says:

Cy young is gone. Warren Spahn award! Gone :(

232. Andy says:

What a fucking mess

233. Kit says:

Is it me or has the defense looked a little…not good, today?

234. Dustin Blowsley says:

Joe Girardi is to blame, somehow.

235. Reggie C. says:

Just turned into a spanking.

I guess this kills CC’s Cy Young campaign.

236. CBean says:

Well this sucks.

237. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

Well….. Joba.

So other than Mariano who has been shaky is there anyone in the bullpen right now who can get necessary outs?

238. Copperhead65 says:

239. Greg says:

It’s just not our year. We might win the Series next year.
    But the Rays are better than us, and the Phillies are better than us.

It’s not our year

• Then please, by all means, stop posting here.

• CBean says:

Yes, we should clearly give up right now and go home.

• Kit says:

Okay then, if that’s what you think, then stop watching the games and go away. Your input is not liked or well received here. In fact, we really hate it. So for everyone’s sake, go away.

• bexarama says:

I repeat: LET’S GIVE UP!!!!

• Pasqua says:

Please call WFAN with any and all ridiculous and uninformed complaints.

• ShuutoHeat (Don't Trade GGBG Pl0x) says:

Why didn’t you warn us during mid season? Thanks for being selfish! Wait, why the heck are you still here if you knew it wasn’t going to be the Yankees’ year?

Oh right, you’re here just to whine like a little cry baby and wag your finger at everyone. So that when things DO go wrong, you look like an amazing genius.

• Greg says:

The reason I came here is because I wanted to chat with people who didn’t make stupid comments like on ESPN.com and let me voice my opinions.

But obviously, no one around here feels the same way I do.
        WHy shouldn’t I think this way? THe Yankees are playing really bad right now.

• WHy shouldn’t I think this way? THe Yankees are playing really bad right now.

Because how we play right now doesn’t have much bearing on how we play in October. September isn’t October; if it was, we’d trot the A-lineup out there every night.

• ShuutoHeat (Don't Trade GGBG Pl0x) says:

Wait, so you came here because of the idiots at ESPN? Talk about the dunce laughing at the moron.

There is a really simple rule in this world: when you act/talk like a moron, people will refer to you as a moron. Why don’t you keep that in mind?

Yankees are human, they’ll have off games and bad games. Where the heck is your dedication as a fan? Last I checked they don’t have a 20-100 season. So while you say you have given up, why bother to keep this up? Go and give up, stop making these asshat comments.

• Pasqua says:

You’re talking yourself right into a problem: “The Yankees are playing really bad right now” DOES NOT EQUAL, “It’s just not our year.” That you feel comfortable making the leap from the former to the latter is the reason you will continue to suffer a shitload of heat from people here.

240. Zack says:

I guess all the trolls received a flyer to come to RAB tonight

241. It'sATarp says:

ugh thanks for nothing joba

242. Dustin Blowsley says:

Now’s the fucking time to bring in Gaudin.

243. pastadivingarod says:

Please trade Joba in the offseason

244. Stratman9652 says:

Um Joba, we get it, your gonna throw the slider. Unfortunately so does every other team.

245. Kit says:

C’mon, offense.

• RAYRAY from Tampa Bay says:

Go bake your stupid cookies

• Kit says:

Go pick a fight with someone else. You really, really don’t want to fuck with me.

• RAYRAY from Tampa Bay says:

My guess is that you spend all your time on this thread, you are probably 300lbs and eating Chips as we type. You are right I probably do not want to fuck you

• My guess is you’re the type of loser who would go troll on an opponent’s website.

You know why I post on here? I love the Yankees. You know why I don’t post on your Tampa Bay Rays blog? Because the Rays are fucking beneath me, and I’m not enough of a pathetic asshat to go to some blog that is designed for a team I don’t care for to try and start shit like a petulant child.

• Kit says:

I weigh 125 and I don’t spend all my time on this thread. I just happen to enjoy civil conversation with well educated, intelligent people who love baseball as much as I do. You know, with fellow fans. Who do you have to cheer your team with you? No one? You must be one of the five tampa fans. Keep cheering for your team, kid, the Phillies are praying they get them as a match up.

246. Little Bill says:

I blame Girardi for this. Chad Gaudin was clearly the guy who should have been brought in this situation. Gaudin matched up better with Crawford and Longoria.

247. ZZ says:

The Yankees should skip CC’s next start. He has looked tired his past 2 outings.

Get him ready for the playoffs is #1 priority.

248. Hard for me to get mad when he’s been lights out and comes in bases loaded, one out. But damn, Joba.

249. bexarama says:

Some of you need to nut up.

/blunt

250. Henry says:

Wow. Thanks CC and Joba. Especially you Joba. You inherited 3 runners and let them score. Then the other runners scored too. Awesome.

251. Dustin Blowsley says:

Joba, please have a shitload of booze and drive really, really fast on your way home.

252. Copperhead65 says:

Now the Boston Series means so much more

Minny might have best record

Tampa feeling good about themselves

This night SUCKs

253. Dustin Blowsley says:

Again, I held off watching porn for this.

254. So this totally mans we’re missing the playoffs, right? I just wanted to check so I could find the nearest bridge/ledge/gallows.

255. And, I completely disagree with those poll results.

256. Matty says:

I have to admit it, you guys here at RAB are good sports.
    The Rays just laid the smackdown on the Yankees that inning and most of you are like ho hum. Very kool.

257. Dustin Blowsley says:

Are you fucking drunk, Jorge? Piece of cunt shit.

258. RAYRAY from Tampa Bay says:

For all those predicting a sweep

Fuck you alllll

259. All Star Carl says:

4 pitches 2 out. What in the hell is this?

260. phughesisgod says:

So, uhh, you know who I would love to see right now? Andrew Brackman. Make it happen, Joe.

261. Dustin Blowsley says:

What the fuck is Golson smiling for? You’re losing, jackass!

262. Cy Pettitte says:

Lets see some Brackman/Sanchez now, lol

263. Dustin Blowsley says:

I want to see Jesus, goddamnit!

264. Copperhead65 says:

So whats on TV tonight?

Any new shows?

265. Jerome S says:

Now that I’ve counter-commented a few trolls,

Seriously, guys? An inning ago this game looked pretty good… Price was throwing a lot of pitches, CC was keeping the Rays down pretty solid.

Then there was the big inning. One inning. One half-inning, actually. Oh, and Posada and Grandy getting out on four pitches.

If I may:

…Why can’t the Yankees seem to get a hang of this whole big inning/shut ‘em down thing?

266. Let’s go, Swish. Keep the line moving.

267. Dustin Blowsley says:

A HBP to Tex wouldn’t be all that bad. Let Arod clear the bases.

268. Damn you, Michael Kay. Damn you to hell.

269. Cy Pettitte says:

fucking KAy, that wasn’t even close, got me excited for nothing

270. Kit says:

God dammit, Kay.

271. It'sATarp says:

first pitch swing…really tex?

272. All Star Carl says:

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!

273. The fact that Upton was able to get to that ball easily while playing shallow is rather impressive.

274. I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Dustin Blowseley is Jersey Johnny.

275. ZZ says:

Neither CC or Price have great stuff tonight. The Rays took advantage of their opportunities and unfortunately the Yankees came up short agan. Also, doesn’t help when you bring in a reliever and he lets 4 runs score in the span of only 11 pitches.

276. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

and splat. Fuck.

277. Greg says:

Frankly I’m acting in a pessismistic way because I dont want to be dissapointed.

Now I didn’t think they were going to repeat at the beginning of the year because of the difficulty of the feat.

278. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

So now Javy is in… Joe conceding?

279. China Joe says:

They should throw Andrew Brackman out there for an inning just to cheer people up. Any objections?

280. You say potato, Flash says Potata.

281. Kit says:

Ouch…Javy. Don’t plunk people.

282. Cy Pettitte says:

Javy you have to be kidding me

bring in the Brackman

283. HBP Javy doesn’t quite have the same ring as Home Run Javy.

284. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Kind of amazing how fast this game turned into a train wreck.

285. Joe:

Was “RAYRAY from TampaBay” and “Copperhead65″ also “Matty”?

It would make sense.

286. CBean says:

Javy is auditioning himself out of the postseason.

287. bexarama says:

Well this escalated quickly.

288. Holy CRAP, Javy. Holy crap.

289. MikeD says:

I step out of my home for 15-minutes and 3-1 Yanks turns into 8-3 Rays. I don’t even want to know how.

290. Pasqua says:

If this series ends up a split, it’s worth pointing out – from an objective baseball standpoint – that these two teams are putting on one helluva show this season. When was the last time the East lead was bigger than 3 – 3.5?

Imagine if there was no Wild Card. This would be epic in scale.

291. It'sATarp says:

boy would it be great next year when we upgrade from javy to cliff lee

292. Kit says:

Holy fuck, Javy. This isn’t good at all.

293. Mark says:

Quick maybe Brackman can win a spot in the Yanks pen.

294. Javy, I mean… what the hell?

Worst part about this is the Rays are almost certainly going to hit a Yankee in retaliation.

295. Cy Pettitte says:

how can NOBODY be up

get up Sanchez, or untie Mitre and drive him over to the stadium from Joe’s house

296. Cecala says:

Hes not even hitting them good, Javy needs throw strikes

297. Andy says:

I love how it’s cool on this board not to get upset about games like these.

298. Kit says:

I’m like really sad and embarassed for Javy right now.

299. Jon in CUO says:

So on the Rays channel, they’re advertising their “pre-order 2011 season tickets for guaranteed access to postseason games” package. Given their attendance problems, the selling point seems pretty weak – if I’m a Rays fan, I’m just not that concerned that postseason tickets will ever be that hard to come by.

I went to Game 7 of the 2008 ALCS in Tampa. We got an unbelievable deal on quality tickets from a scalper out front 15 minutes before first pitch.

300. ShuutoHeat (Don't Trade GGBG Pl0x) says:

LOL, Javy isn’t throwing hard enough.

301. JobaWockeeZ says:

So Girardi gave up…again.

302. Michael, he’s going to get booed either way.

303. Cy Pettitte says:

I’m booing Vazquez at my house

304. Javier Vazquez ate the whole wheel of cheese.

Honestly, I’m not even mad, this is amazing.

305. Poopy Pants says:

Can we now stop with the Cy Cy Young talk?
    King Felix is better.

306. This is super sad to watch. It’s like watching that one kid who tries REALLY hard to pitch but just cannot make it to the plate with any semblance of accuracy.

307. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

Wow 2 more runs.

Seriously, i know the Yankees are in the playoffs but how anyone can honestly say that this team is ready for a 5 game series starting in Minnesota or against Cliff Lee is beyond me.

They are just not playing very well.

308. Chuck says:

he’s probably just tired. he’s been pitching for 20 years or more! those ligaments are barely hanging on.

309. Slappy White says:

This is the biggest pitching meltdown ive ever watched….Im actually worried about Javy. This guys head must be all fucked up

310. Stratman9652 says:

On the upside it would be kinda cool to see Swish on the mound again.. I missed it last year.

311. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

10-3…. Wouldn’t now be a good time to sit Cano, Jeter, Arod, Tex … give them some extra rest heading into this weekend; considering that the Red Sox games will be marathons.

312. Steve H says:

Javy has hit more batters in one inning than the Yankees hit during the Torre years.

313. Slappy White says:

Put in Brackman with instructions….”You couldnt do any worse”

• Stratman9652 says:

Honestly it’s a perfect time to let him see some major league batters, like you said, it couldnt get much worse. At least somebody would get something positive out of it.

314. Jon says:

So..chances the yanks come back for 8+ runs against tampa bullpen? I’m banking on Maddon keeping his best relievers in this game.

315. JobaWockeeZ says:

Wow I didn’t hear much boos.

316. I’m not in the mood for Kate Smith.

317. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Whenever I think of how shitty they’re playing right now and wonder how good they’ll do in the playoffs, I remember the 2000 Yankees.

NEVER FORGET.

318. Cy Pettitte says:

never been so happy to finally hear kate smith

319. Steve H says:

I think the Yankees should offer Javy arbitration now.

320. How can you not feel bad for Javy? A really great guy and a good pitcher who just happened to fall apart in the seasons he pitched with the Yankees. I can’t buy the “can’t handle New York” bullshit at all.

• Kit says:

I adore Javy, I do. Horrible pitcher or not, it’s really sad to see how far he’s fallen since last year. He did so well and now he’s…collecting dust in a bullpen just because he lost velocity and couldn’t get his mechanics down. It’s just super unfortunate.

• Dream of Electric Sheep says:

That’s the perception out there Ross, He can’t handle the big spot.

• Kit says:

It’s bullshit though, which is what he’s saying.

• You know they said the same thing about CC and A-rod before the postseason last year. Perception != Reality

• Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Yeah, except there will be no more opportunity to prove it otherwise in NY. That’s the reality of it , be it injury or other variables. He has failed twice in NY in his tours of duty in the Big Apple, his legacy won’t be kind .

• Kit says:

He was probably one of our best starters in the beginning of summer. Once he got his mechanics down, he was great, but he’s lost it and this will probably be it. His legacy won’t be kind because people will only remember the bad things.

• CBean says:

I don’t either. It kinda breaks my heart. I really wanted him to put all that to rest this year.

• MikeD says:

He could have handled NY fine, if only he didn’t leave his fastball in Atlanta.

Be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets now. No more than a one-year, incentive heavy deal is my guess. I’m sure the Braves will have an interest in him since they remember him from ’09.

• Pasqua says:

Unfortunately for him, no matter what, the legend will always be that he failed under the bright lights. That’s the power of teh small-minded sports media.

• bexarama says:

It’s really awful to see. Like, that last inning was just sad. He seems like such a nice guy who’s really determined to do well, and he just can’t. It doesn’t have anything to do with NY, just his mechanics and fastball. Maybe he’s hurt, who knows. It’s sad.

321. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Javy’s legacy in NY is not pretty. I am gonna assume we won’t see him in the playoff.

322. JobaWockeeZ says:

So is it have a career day for my fantasy team after I lose in the playoffs?

323. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

So what are the odds the Yankees score 7 runs with 9 outs and send this to extra innings?

324. Ben says:

Not too upset about the loss, even though I think it puts the Rays in the drivers seat for the division – considering their much easier schedule the rest of the way.

However, I’m very curious to see how they handle CC down the stretch, and to see how he pitches when he’s out there. He hasn’t pitched well in three of his last four starts (and four of his last six). This poor stretch has been coupled with a noticeable dip in velocity. I’m not saying I’m concerned, just a bit anxious to see what he looks like from here on out.

• MikeD says:

This was an important game for the Yankees winning the division. A win we’re up 2 1/2, a loss and it’s half-game lead and we’re tied in the loss column. Considering their schedule and our schedule moving forward, the odds are in the Rays favor.

The bigger issue is the magic number remains at three, so we can’t even think of resting players until we secure our spot.

Yet the beauty of baseball if you never know.

325. tom says:

Even with this debacle (assuming something like this score holds), the Pythagorean thing still makes the Yanks the best team in baseball. But they may only end up with the third best record in the league. Those 6 1-run losses they just endured really hurt the cause.

Or maybe they’ll shellac the Red Sox while Tampa & Minnesota stumble a bit in the next ten days. Things can turn on a dime. Witness the last two days.

326. JobaWockeeZ says:

Well wild card doesn’t sound bad.

327. Who are these men?

Pitcher A: 10-9, 149.2 IP, 5.05 ERA, 1.370 WHIP, 1.93 K/BB
    Pitcher B: 11-10, 152.0 IP, 5.15 ERA, 1.467 WHIP, 2.60 K/BB

(Stats are as of this morning.)

328. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

And there is the last month in a nutshell – GIDP.

329. John Cerra says:

Brackman in the ninth?
    Or do you you hide him from Tampa, just in case he goes wild and makes the post season roster?

There are a lot of pitchers I think he could pass…Gaudin, Mitre, Javy…

330. Sean C says:

Well, this season’s over. See everyone next year.

/jumping off the bridge’d

331. Cy Pettitte says:

lmao at this lineup now, so awesomely ridiculous

332. Stratman9652 says:

Screw the A lineup lets go with the triple A lineup.

333. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Let’s have a vote guys. All in favor of forfeiting the playoffs now to avoid embarssment, say aye.

I thiink it’s time.

334. It'sATarp says:

well this javy outing sums up pretty much javy’s season a good stretch sandwiched between a stretches of suck.

335. Sick Nwisher says:

Is it a little late, to trade for another reliever?

336. John Cerra says:

Javy has lost too much velocity to be Javy. He is trying to go “El Duque,” that is, slow down the change up even more to keep the gap between his 88 mph fastball and the change up.

He might adapt and become the next El Duque, but it can’t happen fast enough to help him this year.

He knows it too, the lack of confidence is a problem.

337. poster on another computer who happens to be a deuce bag says:

Anybody have good classical music I could put on my MP3?

338. Ray the Anti-Handle says:

The AAA Lineup? Sweet, I can laugh even harder when they score 8 in the 9th.

(maybe a tad too optimistic?)

339. Stratman9652 says:

Golson for the ninth?

340. It'sATarp says:

well lets just sweep this sox this weekend and call it a season (until the postseason)

341. John Cerra says:

Javy again?
    Sigh

342. Chris says:

I’m thinking about this game and trying to understand how people are going to blame this on Girardi. I know it’s coming, but I’m just not sure what tact they’ll take…

• Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Why bother?
      But to play devil’s advocate.

G should have taken out CC early , HE was Clearly tired and installed Wood in the possible highest leverage situation there.

• Kit says:

I’m sure they’ll find a way to pin it on him, but so many things went wrong that it’s going to be awe-inspiring to see what they go with first.

• Sean C says:

I really don’t think this one’s on Girardi, even though many people will find reasons as you said.

343. ND Mike says:

Ok, I was away for awhile. How many Yanks fans have punched walls or thrown things at the TV tonight? :)

344. It'sATarp says:

when did javy suddenly stop sucking? this is not the same guy who was pitching 2 innings ago

345. It'sATarp says:

on a side note, it’s hard not to expect a split when two teams with practically the same records go head to head. so i don’t get the earlier crying about splitting with the rays, it’s not like we slight a series with the pirates, since the two teams are pretty much evenly matched…

346. Joltin Joe says:

What’s the record for most battles lost while winning the war?

347. iYankee(next generation from Apple) says:

That game was like passing a kidney stone.

348. Andrew518 says:

BOOOOOOOOO!

349. hexed says:

This team does not look as good as last year. With the way things are right now can we beat the Phils…dont think so.

• It'sATarp says:

sure we can. Shit happens. i bet even the orioles or the pirates can take a game or two from the phils in a short series

• bexarama says:

the Astros swept the Phillies in a four-game set at CBP earlier

• hexed says:

earlier…being the highlighted word. If we are to meet them in the WS, i fear for out batters facing there 1 thru 3…that lefty in there has mean off speed stuff and he has been on his game off late. Sure anything can happen but we dont look good. I will take the advice and sink into ice cream i need more than a tub..

• bexarama says:

the point is the season can turn very quickly. I do think they might be the scariest postseason team right now, though. But that don’t mean nothin’ in November, necessarily…

350. Dream of Electric Sheep says:

Nothing beats ‘washing down’ a lost with Haagen Daaz ice cream , it’s the fucking elixir of all things.

351. Bigdragos says:

I am new to the site

Just need to vent, I know this lost does not mean much, but watching the yanks implode makes me want to explode. Also watchin Phils and Twins roll makes me really nervous going into the playoffs, they seem to be peaking while Yanks seem to be trading water

352. Bigdragos says:

Does anyone know if Yanks beat sox counts as two games or one

Thanks