Fan Confidence Poll: October 4th, 2010By
Record Last Week: 2-4 (31 RS, 36 RA)
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card
Schedule This Week: ALDS Game One (Wednesday @ Twins), ALDS Game Two (Thursday @ Twins), ALDS Game Three (Saturday vs. Twins)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees were still searching for a playoff spot when the week began, but A.J. Burnett melted down in the opener in Toronto. CC Sabathia took matters in his own hands and pitched the Yanks to a postseason spot on Tuesday, but Javy Vazquez got his clock cleaned in the finale.
- After Thursday’s off day, the series in Fenway started out with a rain-induced postponement. The Yanks took the first game of Saturday’s doubleheader behind a shaky Andy Pettitte, but some sloppy defense doomed them in the night cap. Boston won the final game of the season, which in part prevented the Yanks from winning the division.
- Injury Zone: Pettitte was dealing with a stiff lower back, but it wasn’t much of a concern. Thankfully Tuesday’s clincher allowed them to be a little extra careful and push him back.
- The Yanks will face the Twins in the ALDS, and Sabathia will get the ball in Game One.
- The Rangers’ chances to re-sign Cliff Lee got better with their new TV deal, but at least the Yanks won’t have to compete with the Tigers for his services. Pettitte’s involvement in the Roger Clemens trial will not impact his decision to retire (or not) after the season.
- The Yanks signed Japanese lefty Naoya Okamoto to a minor league contract. Slade Heathcott was named the 18th best prospect in the Low-A South Atlantic League.
- The Yankees will pick 31st overall in next year’s draft.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.