Nov

Fan Confidence Poll: November 15th, 2010

Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Matt :: Sec105 says:

sweet! first vote! (8) haha

2. Matt Warden says:

7 for now until some of the signings start getting sorted out.

• RL says:

Yup, get Lee signed. Mo & Jeter will get done and they will be acceptable deals. I really hope Pettitte comes back for one more season. Then I’ll be at about an 8.5 and will vote a 9. If Montero proves he’s earned a regualr spot on this team and can come clise to living up to his hype, I’ll be above a 9.

3. The John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman era could be coming to an end after next season.

10.

4. Andrew says:

I voted a 10 because of how delicious all the Internet tears about Derek Jeter winning a Gold Glove tasted.

5. Gary says:

George will be in the hall of fame, Jeter and Mo will have new contracts. Jesus Montero will be the Yankees starting catcher next year. Pettitte will go one more year. Cliff Lee will be a Yankee by February, on a five year 120 million dollar salary.

6. BigLou says:

TEN…TEN..TEN The Yankees are the greatest!!! And, of course I’m not predjudiced! (sp)

7. Still a 9… nothing’s really changed. Probably won’t sign anyone significant until December.

8. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

I voted a 1. I just can’t see the Yankees winning any games this week.

(seriously though, I voted a 10.)

9. Jimmy McNulty says:

Still a five, I’ll stay that way until someone signs. Though on a more serious note, risking losing the strong signal for WCBS to go to 1050 which can’t even be clearly heard in some areas of Staten Island is a horrible business decision. I’m sure it’s just a negotiating tactic, but still.

• Chris says:

If 1050 gets it, I would assume that a part of their bid would be leveraging the ESPN radio network to get a larger (or at least equivalent) listening area to what WCBS and their related stations get.

10. Jimmy McNulty says:

Also, Toronto expressing serious interest in Uggla and Greinke has me worried about the future of the ALE. After reading the piece on MLBTR about their improved scouting department, I think that team’s going to be tough in the near future.

• Uggla is a nice player, though I think he’s a bit too expensive and he doesn’t really give the Jays what they need (someone to get on base for all the guys who hit homers) considering they would have to trade for and then sign him. Greinke? Who knows if he signs there.

And I mean, the Jays and Orioles aren’t going to be awful forever. The Yankees should still find a way to beat them even if they are improved.

• Jimmy McNulty says:

Uggla’d still be an upgrade over whoever else they put at third base. I think Greinke would sign in Toronto, it’s a nice place in the summertime. If he likes KC, Toronto is a much much much nicer version of Kansas City…and KC isn’t that bad of a place either, especially if you like BBQ. As to whether needing an on base guy instead, I recall reading a piece that suggested that the value of OBP and SLG change regarding the run scoring environment, if the depressed offensive environment last season was real, then slugging becomes the more valuable piece of the OPS equation. But even if that isn’t the case, why forego an upgrade just because it isn’t the perfect upgrade? What other third basemen are available for them to sign? It’s not like Ryan Zimmerman or David Wright are on the open market.

As to the Jays and Os and the Yankees finding a way to beat them, eventually the competition will catch up to the Yankees. You can’t have a five team division with five (provided Baltimore gets their shit together) of seven of the top teams in your league and still expect to win 90+ games on the reg. I don’t see Chicago, Seattle, Detroit, Kansas City, or Cleveland getting their shit together the way that the Blue Jays are. It just feels that even the “second tier” teams in the AL East could give the other division champs a run for their money, and I worry about how that will effect the Yankees long term.

• Jimmy McNulty says:

Also I was hoping King Theo and his MENSA buddies would trick themselves into thinking they didn’t need to spend big on V-Mart and Beltre. Though seeing V-Mart get a 4-60 and Beltre get something similar would basically rule out them getting Gonzo.

11. Bob Stone says:

I’n still at nine. How could anyone be at less than a nine given how committed this organization is to winning, right now . . and in the future?