Fan Confidence Poll: November 8th, 2010By
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees signed one free agent this week, but it was one of their own and it wasn’t a player: hitting coach Kevin Long re-upped for three years.
- Both Chad Gaudin and Royce Ring were outrighted off the 40-man roster, and both opted for free agency. Melky Mesa was added to the 40-man to prevent him from becoming a minor league free agent.
- With free agents now officially able to negotiate with any teams, the Yankees contacted Cliff Lee’s agent to let him know that a contract offer would be coming soon, perhaps within 72 hours. It’s possible that income tax will play a role in Lee’s decision where to sign.
- Talks with Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera should start within a day or two, though we don’t even know what Jeter wants. Hal Steinbrenner made it clear that he wants it to be a deal “both sides are happy with.”
- The Yanks are unlikely to pursue Carl Crawford or Jayson Werth, and reportedly there’s “no chance” that Zack Greinke would accept a trade to New York.
- The Yanks got permission to speak to Athletics’ pitching coordinator Gil Patterson about their pitching coach vacancy, though they we’re able to secure the same from the White Sox for Don Cooper. Bullpen coach Mike Harkey is getting serious consideration for the job as well.
- Brett Gardner was named the game’s best defensive leftfielder in this year’s The Fielding Bible Awards.
- Jesus Montero was named the team’s top prospect by Baseball America.
- Former Yankee coach and GM Clyde King passed away at 86.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.