Fan Confidence Poll: December 13th, 2010By
Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The winter meetings brought plenty of news and rumors, but Cliff Lee was predictably the central figure of the week. The Yankees were ready to get serious after a slow moving negotiation, and they made the lefty a six-year offer. They eventually offered a seven-year contract that was one of several proposals. We’re still waiting to hear on his decision.
- Brian Cashman confirmed that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards retirement, but we still don’t know anything definitive.
- The Yankees are aggressively pursuing free agent catcher Russell Martin, making him a one year offer after reviewing his medicals. They’re not the only team that wants him, though.
- Cashman went to dinner with Carl Crawford, but it was just a bluff to drive up the price for whoever signed him. As it turned out, he ended up in Boston.
- Among the other players New York showing interest in this week: Francisco Liriano, Pedro Feliciano, Matt Diaz (he ended up with the Pirates), Mark Prior, Rich Harden, and old buddy Kerry Wood. The Yanks also want bring Al Aceves back on a minor league deal.
- The Yanks took two players in Rule 5 Draft, lefty Robert Fish and righty Daniel Turpen.
- A few former Yankees made news as well. Melky Cabrera signed with the Royals, Dustin Moseley with the Padres, Wilkin De La Rosa with the Dodgers, and Dave Eiland with the Rays in a front office capacity.
- CC Sabathia reiterated that he will not opt out of his contract, and Cashman reiterated that Jorge Posada is the team’s designated hitter.
- George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin were not elected to the Hall of Fame by the Expansion Era Committee.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.