Dec

Fan Confidence Poll: December 6th, 2010

Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. jsbrendog (returns) says:

i thought the agonz trade went through as of this morning?

2. JobaWockeeZ says:

A billion because the Yankees worst nightmare has been traded.

3. OldYanksFan says:

I voted 8. I’m OK with this and next year, but if we sign Cliff to something like 6/$140m, I do have concerns about age and payroll commitments in the upcoming years. If the Yankees are willing to go to $240m-$250m, we are OK. But whether we have the money or not, I believe Cashman wants to keep our payroll ‘inflation’ along the lines of the rest of MLB.

Because the Sox have dodged long, expensive contracts (for better or for worse) they will have a ton of money for 2012 and beyond, while our highest paid players continue to age.

I believe in Cashman, but I like the Swisher/Granderson deals better then the Giambi/Cliff Lee type deals.

4. Monteroisdinero says:

9 with Lee or Crawford
    10 with Crawford and Lee
    7 if Texas gets Lee and Boston gets Crawford
    8 if LAA get Crawford and Texas gets Lee

5. Monteroisdinero says:

5 if we ink Sterling AND Waldman

6. Yank the Frank says:

Still 7 but things are just starting to heat up. We get Lee it’s an 8. If we can stay relativly healthy we should be fine. A good defensive catcher would not hurt.

7. First time lawng time says:

I really hope Andy doesn’t retire.

8. joe(sit)ragman says:

7—-for me nothing has yet changed, still relying on a lot of bounce back

9. RL says:

Still a 7. Starting pitching has been and continues to be the major concern. I firmly believe Mo will be Mo, Jeter will bounce back somewhat (as will AJ, but probably not as much as Jeter), Jeter will be serviceable for the 3 years of his contract, and ARod & Tex will be better than last year as well. The team needs Pettitte to return for another season and either Lee or a good #2-type starter. I’m hopefull that Montero will settle in during this season and be a catcher in the mold of Posada (or Piazza), providing plenty of offense with slightly below average defense. I’m also hopefull that Hughes will continue to progress and that the current minor league pitchers will provide 1 or 2 serviceable, if not outstanding, starters beginning in the 2012 season.

10. king of fruitless hypotheticals says:

…how come nobody ever admits to a ’2′ or ’3′?

jackwagons.

11. Jimmy McNulty says:

Four. Jeter and Mo are back, which I’m VERY satisfied with…but Boston acquired a guy who might hit 50+ HRs without trading much away. As of right now The Red Sox are quite a bit better than the Yankees this year and they’re in better shape for the future. However…if Lee signs and Pettitte comes back I’m at a 7. If they deal Hughes in a package for Greinke along with bringing back Pettitte and getting Lee…I’m at a 10. (provided no Montero, Sanchez and Banuelos)