Jan

Fan Confidence Poll: January 17th, 2011

Season Record: 95-67 (859 RS, 693 RA, 98-64 Pythag. record), finished one game back in AL East, won Wild Card, lost in ALCS

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Eight, like always. The present roster is pretty good, though it has too much money tied up in relievers and is short a starter. Still, the team should be able to compete. The future is looking bright as ever with a vastly improved farm system, though the system could use some more potentially impactful position players.

2. Matt Warden says:

7 until the rotation is firmed up and then back to 8.

3. bpdelia says:

seven as usual. I have 80% confidence that they make the playoffs this year. ANd going forward 75% confidence that the system will keep the team a playoff team for the next 5 years

4. bonestock94 says:

6, Mitre ans Nova are starters.

5. LarryM.,Fl. says:

My vote is 8. The Yankees can be competitive with their everyday lineup and bullpen. I can’t go higher until the quality 4th corner OF is secured. I could live with Pena and or Nunez especially Nunez to give Arod, Jeter and Cano some rest. It may help him to develop.

If a trade could be completed for a #4/5 coupled with Nova or by committee AAA replacement. I would be fine. Its not going to get much better until July.

I would not trade Montero. He has a spot at DH and part time catcher in 2012. I know Jeter ad Arod need DH duties down the road but thats where the part time catcher comes,

6. Mike HC says:

9. We have a dominant bullpen, excellent offense and I am confident we will not only find a competent starter to compete for a job this off season, but also a legitimate above average starter by the all star break. Combine that with all the talented arms we have in the minors, and I am quite confident.

7. Bob Stone says:

I second that thought. Those are my sentiments exactly.

Mark me down for 9 as well.