Jan

NFL Divisional Playoffs Weekend Open Thread

Another round of postseason football this weekend, so here’s a thread to talk about all that fun stuff. The Ravens are in Pittsburgh at 4:30pm ET (CBS) and then later tonight the Packers are visiting the Falcons (8:00pm ET, FOX). Tomorrow afternoon the Seahawks (!!!) will take on da Bears in Chicago (1:00pm ET, FOX). We’ll put up a separate thread for the Jets-Pats tomorrow.

1. mbonzo says:

Lets go Seahawks!

2. I am Raiders fan, but today I will be rooting for Lewis and Reed (from The U), but I have a sad feeling Big Ben will pull it out in a close game at Heinz Field.

GB at Atlanta should be a barn burner…hope GB wins, played them tough earlier in the season but I think Atlanta pulls it out, as well.

3. Esteban says:

Who I want to win:
    Nuclear Bomb (Ravens-Steelers)
    Falcons
    Jets
    Seahawks

Who will win:
    Steelers
    Falcons
    Patriots
    Seahawks.

• The Real JobaWockeeZ says:

I hate Boston so I can’t stand the Pats winning anything. But Rex Ryan and Cromarite are making it very fucking difficult to root for that team.

• Esteban says:

I could see how non-Jets fans would hate the Jets, but c’mon gotta root against Boston no matter what right? (except those weird Yankees-Patriots fans out there).

• The Real JobaWockeeZ says:

Yup. Can’t stand that city winning anything. It’s gonna be tough but I guess you gotta root for NY.

• Pat D says:

I can’t root for either of those teams. I liked the Patriots when they were the underdogs, when they played the Eagles (since the Eagles and Cowboys are my two most hated teams), but once the Spygate stuff came out, I stopped liking them.

As for the Jets…well, they’re, as my dad calls them, “the dog-ass Jets.” I don’t know exactly what that means, but it’s funny. As a Giants fan, the only time I ever rooted for the Jets is when Parcells was there. Once he left, I stopped caring about them all together. Now that Rex Ryan is the coach, they’re just so easy to hate. Oh, and I don’t care for Mark Sanchez, either.

• mbonzo says:

http://www.modestopress.com/we.....heir/1295/ (SFW)
        I hate NE but this makes me root for Welker. Well done.

• bexarama says:

I want the nuclear bomb in Pats/Jets.

4. Poopy Pants says:

The retard Jets have me rooting for Brady and the Pats. It’s disgusting.

5. FIPster Doofus says:

I’m hoping the Packers and Seahawks win this weekend just so a 7-9 team can host the NFC title game.

6. Michael Mirabella says:

The Packers record was 10-6, otherwise they wouldn’t have gotten the wild card.

7. Jimmy McNulty says:

I like Tom Brady. He’s good enough so Pats fans have to root for him, but he wears Yankee hats in public, he roots for the Lakers, and there’s no way that you can say that he’s overrated. I don’t mind the Pats without Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi.

8. Jimmy McNulty says:

Don’t they realize that the trash talk is what makes these games exciting? How much has the Pats/Jets trash talk hyped that game and made it an actually anticipated game?

9. Jimmy McNulty says:

GREAT play.

10. JDDZip says:

If your a Yankee fan, you can’t root for the Pats.

11. Pipes says: