Fan Confidence Poll: February 21st, 2011By
Schedule This Week: vs. Phillies (Sat. on YES/MLB Network), @ Phillies (Sun. on YES/MLB Network)
Top stories from last week:
- Pitchers and catchers reported to Spring Training on Monday, position players on Saturday, and as usual, it was an overblown controversy-filled week. CC Sabathia was non-committal when asked about using his opt-out after the season, Joba Chamberlain came to camp 15 lbs. heavier, and Bartolo Colon is trying to shed 25 lbs. with a special cardio program.
- Mark Teixeira said he’s not going anywhere thanks to his no-trade clause. Mariano Rivera came to camp fashionable late because his family was dealing with the flu. Phil Hughes is free of innings limits in 2011. Alex Rodriguez shed ten pounds and is down to nine percent body fat.
- The Andruw Jones signing was finally made official, and Joe Girardi indicated that Jones will play the corner outfield spots. Brian Schlitter was designated for assignment to make room for Jones on the 40-man roster, and was later lost to the Phillies on waivers.
- Kevin Millwood rejected the Yankees’ offer of a minor league deal. They did manage to sign Fernando Hernandez to a minors pact, and they also cut Neal Cotts.
- Gary Sanchez had minor heart surgery (if such a thing exists) and will resume workouts today. Brett Gardner‘s surgically repaired wrist is ready for the season.
- The Yankees had four prospects, including Sanchez, rated as five star prospects by Kevin Goldstein. Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances don’t have a chance of making the big league team, but Andrew Brackman might.
- The YES Network received 46 Emmy nominations. There figures to be a bidding war for Yankees’ radio rights when their contract with WCBS AM 880 expires after the season.
- RAB turned four.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.