Fan Confidence Poll: February 28th, 2011By
Record Last Week: 1-1 (11 RS, 8 RA)
Spring Training Record: 1-1 (11 RS, 8 RA)
Schedule This Week: @ Tigers (Mon.), @ Pirates (Tues.), vs. Astros (Weds. on YES/MLBN), @ Rays (Thurs.), vs. Red Sox (Fri. on YES/MLBN), vs. Nationals (Sat.), @ Astros (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Hank Steinbrenner grabbed some headlines by saying the team his father gave him celebrated the 2009 World Series a little too much, and that they were too busy building mansions to focus on baseball. Yep. Derek Jeter responded as you’d expect him too, basically blowing it off.
- Bartolo Colon started the Grapefruit League opener on Saturday, but Freddy Garcia is the guy that seems to have a leg up on a rotation spot.
- Injury Zone: Andrew Brackman missed a few days with a groin/hip injury. Ronnie Belliard will miss more than a week with a bum calf, and Mark Teixeira had a bruised toe after getting hit by a pitch. Russell Martin‘s knee is about 90%, and he’ll catch in a game later this week. Alex Rodriguez, meanwhile, is finally healthy following his hip surgery and was cleared to resume his full-blown training routine.
- The Yankees continue to keep an eye on Francisco Liriano, and their scouts are bearing down on clubs with excess pitching. Adam Wainwright’s injury could trickle down and impact the Yanks, and we know that Chris Carpenter would be willing to accept a trade.
- The Yankees signed Cuban-born shortstop Yadil Mujica. Carl Crawford said he never had any kind of contact with New York when he was a free agent, but the Yankees did make a hefty one-year offer to Carl Pavano. For $2M, the Yanks could have had Daniel Bard eight years ago.
- Six Yankees farmhands cracked Baseball America’s top 100 list, including Jesus Montero at number three.
- Early playoffs odds have the Yankees in a favorable spot for October.
- There will be no team-building exercise in camp this year. For shame.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.