Feb

Open Thread: February 25th Camp Notes

(AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)

The latest on the last day without Yankees baseball until (hopefully) November…

I’m not sure if you’ve seen it already, but MLB.com is having this Dream Job contest where all the winner does for a year is watch baseball and blog about it, basically. I applied, and I don’t think you should. My odds will be better that way. Anywho, here’s the open thread. The Rangers, Devils, Knicks, and Nets are all playing, so there’s enough going on to keep you entertained through this yucky weather. Smile, there’s a baseball game on tomorrow.

1. Pasta says:

So any news on RAB League Lite (league 2) ?

2. Total Dominication says:

I don’t undertand how you can watch 10 games+ at a time.

• Greg Golson's Rocket Arm says:

TV, picture in picture, labtop, desktop, maybe ipad, i don’t know how many more ways, maybe watch a few on the labtop, but its pretty hard to watch all at once, probly not completely literal

• Sean C says:

My friend had the directv game mix, and I learned to keep track of 8 football games at a time. It wasn’t particularly enjoyable, and I have no idea how it would translate to baseball.

3. squishy jello person says:

So, um, this happened.

I think it’s a little bit passed “lol mets”

• CS Yankee says:

Whats with all the ownership issues these past few years?…

D-backs, Padres, Dodgers, Rangers and Mets.

Selig should act in baseballs best interest and let someone like Cuban buy the Mets. Who would buy a minority interest of a team that is being sued for a billion dollars and take a back seat and extreme financial risk for the owners; who perhaps are going to do time?

• MikeD says:

I think Cuban should buy a minority ownership in the Mets simply as a way into the ol’ boys club. MLB does not want Cuban in the game, but he could build up some substantial good-will if he basically bails the Mets out and takes a quiet back seat for a while. He can either hold the minority shares, or sell them back to the Mets at a guaranteed profit (the terms would be built in up front) when they get their financial footing back. Or, if the Mets default and need to sell the team, then Cuban gets right of first refusal.

If he wants to own a team, he has got to try a different path, and this might be it. Even if he doesn’t get to buy all of the Mets, the door might be open for him to buy another team as a return on helping the Mets.

• Dr. O says:

I really love in these tough economic times how rich people continually get financial help for either ripping off actual poor people or being grossly irresponsible with their own money. There are families that can’t sleep out of worry that they & their children will be homeless because one of them lost their jobs and The Wilpons are getting $25 million for losing money in a pyramid scheme that they may have gone into knowing was a scam they could profit from.

4. CT Yankee says:

Spring Training game going to be televised tomorrow? I apologize ahead of time if this was posted in past.

Did Giants/D-Backs make TV today?

5. CS Yankee says:

I bet with the Hank comments, Joe or Cash decided to nix the arcade thing.

6. JM says:

I’m so pumped for Jesus on Sunday.

#Badpun’s

7. Livingforward says:

Well there goes my shot at Winning the dream job lol, #MikeAxia just made it that much harder for us lol

8. Bryan L says:

So Mike, say you win. Do you still write for RAB during that time or do you take leave?

9. Greg G. says:

Yogi Berra is awesome. That’s all I wanted to say.

10. bexarama says:

Heh, I applied for that Dream Job too but y’know, I’m thinking I’m way too snarky toward the MSM for me to be a good choice… plus the whole watching every game thing, which seems literally impossible… (But it’ll be fun if I get it!! Yay woo.)

11. Two aces in that screencap.

#inflammatorycomment

12. Has anyone seen a schedule of Spring Training broadcasts for WCBS?

I’ve checked their website several times but the new design is awful. I can’t find anything there anymore.

13. Angryankee says:

I want to win the dream job and bash espn the whole time…

14. Xstar7 says:

Does someone wanna explain to me why the Knicks just lost to the cavaliers? I’m pissed.

15. The209 says:

Can I win the dream job and bash RAB?

Kidding!

/ban’d

16. Accent Shallow says:

Oh vey. Wish I woke up to 2008.

17. Accent Shallow says:

I applied to the MLB Dream Job, and realized after submitting my essay that I referred to the upcoming MVPs as the 2010 MVPs. Crap.

18. Accent Shallow says:

I am sure everyone is out and/or about, but no one has a smart phone?

Amateurs.

19. mbonzo says:

Anyone thats used mlb.tv, can you watch in-market teams through the opposing team’s broadcast? So if I live in NY and want to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox and the game is blacked out, can I watch the NESN broadcast?

• Sean C says:

As far as I know, probably not. I live in Illinois, so the only games blacked out are ChiSox/Cubs/Cardinals and nationally televised games (Fox, ESPN, etc). Other than the aforementioned, I get to watch every Yankees game. Generally, if a game is blacked out on MLB.tv, there’s really no way you can see it on that medium, Home or Away broadcast included. But this is in IL, so I can’t speak to the geographical location of NY.

• MannyGee says:

yeah, regardless of ‘who’ you want for a broadcast team, you are stuck with the same blackout rules that ESPN is….

sooooooo moral of the story is you are shit out of luck and stuck listening to Jerry Remy…

20. Angryankee says:

Sorry, “no” to the question by Mbonzo…