Record Last Week: 4-5-1 (28 RS, 45 RA)
Spring Training Record: 7-10-2 (59 RS, 90 RA)
Schedule This Week: @ Red Sox (Mon. on ESPN), Tues. OFF, @ Orioles (Weds. on YES), vs. Rays (Thurs.), @ Blue Jays (Fri.), vs. Blue Jays (Sat. on YES/MLBN), @ Phillies (Sun. on MLBN)
Top stories from last week:
- The first round of roster cuts were announced over the weekend. Hector Noesi was optioned back to Triple-A while David Phelps, Adam Warren, Brian Anderson, Buddy Carlyle, Dan Brewer, Bradley Suttle, Austin Krum, and Andy Sisco were returned to minor league camp. Rule 5 Draft picks Daniel Turpen and Robert Fish were returned to the Red Sox and claimed off waivers by the Royals, respectively.
- Injury Zone: Greg Golson is dealing with a minor oblique issue while Ronnie Belliard has finally gotten into games following his calf injury. Frankie Cervelli got some good news about his fractured foot. Yogi Berra is okay after taking a spill in the clubhouse.
- Joe Girardi might start toying with some lineup arrangements following the off day this week.
- The Yankees reportedly offered Aroldis Chapman a package worth $54M or so last winter, but Brian Cashman (unsurprisingly) denied it. They did however sign 20-year-old Dominican right-hander Juan Carlos Paniagua for $1.1M.
- Cashman said there’s nothing available on the pitching market right now, which isn’t anything we haven’t hear before.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.