Mar

Fan Confidence Poll: March 7th, 2011

Record Last Week: 2-4-1 (30 RS, 37 RA)
Spring Training Record: 3-5-1 (31 RS, 45 RA)
Schedule This Week: vs. Phillies (Mon. on YES, split squad), @ Orioles (Mon., split squad), @ Braves (Tues. on  YES/MLBN), vs. Pirates (Weds.), @ Phillies (Thurs.), vs. Braves (Fri. on YES/MLBN, split squad), @ Blue Jays (Fri., split squad), @ Nationals (Sat. on MLBN), vs. Twins (Sun. on YES)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Big Apple says:

10 for me..and here’s why…

(1) Arod’s quote “We’re the New York Yankees. We’re expected to win. We like it that way.”

(2) The story about Ron Johnson’s daughter and how the yankee players donated a bunch of money to his family – yanks are always there to help out others – that is George’s legacy.

2. pete says:

I went 9. Easily a top-5 farm system, easily a top-5 MLB club. I think that over the course of the entire season, the back-end of the rotation will wind up being average at worst, and our only area of real concern is the AJ/Hughes combo. If they both pitch as well as they can (sub-4.00 ERA for Hughes, sub-4.25 for AJ, with both throwing about 200 innings), then this team will be fine.

3. Dream of Electric Sheeps says:

I went with 1, But I am pretty comfortable with that. What’s the criterion for the confidence poll anyway, good,competitive or playoff bound?

• RL says:

Yeah, they should exceed your expectaions if you went with a 1. I’d vote a 1 if this were a Pirates poll and I were a Pirates fan.

I’m pretty confident the Yankees will make the playoffs again this year (if not, it’s probably due to a major injury) and am even more confident they’ll continue to contend for years to come, so I voted an 8.

• Bob Stone says:

A 1???? A 1????

You are kidding, right? So you think this team will struggle to achieve a better record than the KC Royals or the Pirates or (pick another crappy team)???

Ae you just trolling? Are you just trying to get a reaction here on RAB?

There is one thing I admire about your opinion and you. At least you had the guts to publish your rating and your reason for it. Most who vote 1,2 or 3 on this site never do.

4. bonestock94 says:

I point deducted for each rotation slot I’m freaking out about lol

5. Reggie C. says:

Hughes struggle with the changeup make his starts interesting watch. It’s a work in progress and the results aren’t pretty.

• Reggie C. says:

Oh yeah…6.

Aside from Hughes’s issue with the changeup, its still difficult to assess Colon, Garcia, and Nova against lineup full of minor league hitters.

6. Big Apple says:

For all the talk about how great the Sox are going to be this year I have yet to find a Sox fan (Francona is included here) who has the cajones to come right out and say that their team is going to win it all.

One of the great things about being a Yankee fan is that there is always this expectation to win it all. I guess sometimes it also has its downside but still…its nice to have that reputation.

But what I’m finding this year is that Sox fans prefer their little place as David always battling the bigger goliath. There is all this talk about how they are going to win 100 games but when you ask them straight up they start shaking in their boots

7. Jorge says:

After months of holding steady at 8, I’m doin’ it……I’m moving up to a 9. You can’t look at guys like Banuelos, Betances and, hell, even Noesi without getting goosebumps. That’s the long-term. Colon and Garcia are not crapping the bed out there in Spring Training thus far, and one of those guys may prove to be the “bridge” pitcher the team needs until greener pastures appear. It’s way premature thus far, but I feel more confident that the end result of this will resemble the best-case scenario more than it will the worst-case. The Yankees will play late October baseball this year. Take that to the bank.

8. MattG says:

You know, it’s hard to rate the Yankees’ system as only fourth, isn’t it? The system is skyrocketing, and it seems like everything they do DOTF works, and works marvelously. One more year like 2010, and they’ll have the best farm system in the game, even after graduating Montero.

But, my realistic side tells me that 2010 was a once-in-a-generation season for a farm system, and we’ll see the farm give back many of those gains.

I have complete confidence–a 10–that the Yankees will trade the right prospects. Arodys Vizcaino? That was selling high. And while the farm is surging, it’s pretty hard to be anything but insanely optimistic about 2012 and beyond. I’m just hoping reality doesn’t get in the way.

• The Real JobaWockeeZ says:

No not really when you see the stacked farm of Royals, Rays and like the Braves.

• bexarama says:

No one is sniffing the Royals.

• Well, unless the Royals call up all their top prospects. And given the state of their current roster… you never know.

(But I think the Yankees still lack position player prospects that would be needed to push them into the top 3)

• Big Apple says:

having a strong system is part of the formula…

the royals may have a great system but their MLB team stinks like limberger cheese. the yanks on the other hand are pretty darn good at the pro level and now they have some top talent in the system. that is a pretty good situation to be in.