Record Last Week: 2-4-1 (30 RS, 37 RA)
Spring Training Record: 3-5-1 (31 RS, 45 RA)
Schedule This Week: vs. Phillies (Mon. on YES, split squad), @ Orioles (Mon., split squad), @ Braves (Tues. on YES/MLBN), vs. Pirates (Weds.), @ Phillies (Thurs.), vs. Braves (Fri. on YES/MLBN, split squad), @ Blue Jays (Fri., split squad), @ Nationals (Sat. on MLBN), vs. Twins (Sun. on YES)
Top stories from last week:
- Injury Zone: Frankie Cervelli fouled a ball off the top of his left foot, suffering a fracture that will keep him out for six-to-eight weeks. Russell Martin is playing with a light-weight knee brace and he caught in a game for the first time last week. Andrew Brackman threw a simulated game over the weekend and could get into a game early this week. Greg Golson got hit in the head with a pitch in batting practice, but returned to action with a few days. Colin Curtis jammed his shoulder and will go for an MRI today.
- Zack Greinke told Brian Cashman that he wanted to be a Yankee during the winter meetings. Cashman said he offered Al Aceves a minor league contract, but didn’t want to guarantee him anything because of his back issues. Francisco Liriano’s name popped up in trade rumors again, but there’s no deal in the works.
- Vernon Wells said he would have waived his no-trade clause to come to the Yankees, and they were very close to signing Bill Hall. Mark Teixeira ditched Scott Boras.
- Kevin Goldstein released his top 101 prospects list, with Jesus Montero, Gary Sanchez, Manny Banuelos, and Dellin Betances all cracking the top 32. KG ranked the Yankees fourth among all farm systems. Several Yankees prospects made the extended version of Baseball America’s top 150 prospects.
- Single game tickets go on sale this coming Friday.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.