Fan Confidence Poll: April 25th, 2011By
Record Last Week: 3-1 (32 RS, 14 RA)
Season Record: 12-6 (109 RS, 82 RA, 11-7 pythag. record), three games up
Opponents This Week: vs. White Sox (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off day on Monday and a crushing defeat; the Yankees suffered a walk-off loss to the Blue Jays on Tuesday in a rare Mariano Rivera blown save. Bartolo Colon helped restore order with a dominant showing in the second game of the two-game set.
- Following an off day on Thursday, the Yankees were rained out on Friday, already their third wash out of the season. CC Sabathia and lots of runs toppled the Orioles on Saturday, then the Yanks rebounded for a win following another Mo blown save yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Frankie Cervelli started a minor league rehab assignment while Mark Prior hit the minor league disabled list with a groin strain. At least it’s not his arm. Pedro Feliciano was advised by Dr. James Andrews to not have surgery on his torn shoulder capsule, and will instead begin a conservative throwing program. Rafael Soriano missed yesterday’s game (and was unavailable Saturday as well) due to a tight back. Top prospect Jesus Montero took a foul ball off his cup and figures to be out for a few days.
- There’s some belief that Phil Hughes‘ velocity problem stems from his weight, though the early returns from his throwing program look good. He will begin a minor league rehab assignment on Thursday. Kevin Millwood made a productive start in Triple-A, and Carlos Silva is ready to begin his own comeback trail.
- Buddy Carlyle replaced Hector Noesi on the roster, costing Jose Ortegano his 40-man roster spot.
- The Yankees are being sued for copyright infringement over the top hat logo.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the (new and improved!) Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.