Record Last Week: 2-1 (23 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 2-1 (23 RS, 19 RA, 2-1 pythag. record), 1.0 game back
Opponents This Week: vs. Twins (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees kicked off the 2011 season with a new leadoff man, the speedy Brett Gardner (at least against righties). A healthy Curtis Granderson did in his old team with a late-inning homer in the season opener, then a trio of Yankees homered in a game two win. The Tigers turned the tables and prevented the Yankees from finishing off the sweep yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Pedro Feliciano will be shut down for ten days with a sore muscle behind his left shoulder, prompting Brian Cashman to say he was “abused” during his time with the Mets. Feliciano started the season on the 15-day disabled list while Reegie Corona, Colin Curtis, and Damaso Marte all started on the 60-day. MLB created a new seven-day disabled list for concussions.
- The Yankees made a series of roster moves before the season started, adding Gustavo Molina, Freddy Garcia, Luis Ayala, and Bartolo Colon to an active roster that really isn’t all that flexible. Romulo Sanchez was sold to a team in Japan.
- The Great Subway Race has a new look, but you’re going to have to pay $35 to park your car if you want to go see it.
- DirecTV’s deal with the YES Network is going to expire on Thursday if the two sides can’t come to a new agreement.
- The Yankees topped FanGraphs’ organizational rankings for the second straight year.
- The Yankees won the 2011 Bobby Murcer Award.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.