Apr

NoMaas interviews Slade Heathcott

NoMaas’ Gary Wallace sat down for a chat with 2009 first rounder Slade Heathcott, and the two discussed a sorts of aspects about his game. I found it pretty interesting that Slade has already abandoned the changes the Yankees made to his swing last year, going back to the way he hit in high school. It’s working obviously (.442 wOBA in 18 games), but he mentioned several times that’s he’s still searching for his swing and getting comfortable with it. Consistency is another big thing for him, trying avoid so many peaks and valleys throughout the season. Make sure you head over and check it out, that’s some great stuff right there.

Categories : Asides

1. pat says:

Surprised you give NoMaas the clicks.

2. Josh says:

i don’t think they’ve ever had beef with the guys. i think it’s more user generated snark or what have you.

3. Johnny O says:

I also found that interesting – I wonder if anyone in the organization knows and/or condoned his swing change? I mean results in low A are great, but the Yankees might have been teaching him something that if he could adopt it would be more successful at the ML level.

I also really cannot believe he fell for the Ol’ Jeff Nelson move. Seriously he got picked off on that? I always ask myself why pitchers even bother doing it but I guess it’s successful in the minors.

Overall he seems like a good kid and is off to a great start this year. Nice interview.

• S says:

he’ll never get to the majors if he doesn’t produce, sometimes certain changes just don’t work for guys (though I’d bet money that if Slade worked with K-Long, he’d be mashing more than he already is). But I gotta admit his mechanics for the most part already looked pretty sound his body is fairly quiet, but like he said in the interview he’s not getting the lift he could be getting (or else more than a few of those dbl’s would be hr’s)

4. infernoscurse says:

i don’t hate this sites guts, i think its just a couple of insignificant idiots like there is in every community

5. Camilo Gerardo says: