Fan Confidence Poll: May 23rd, 2011By
Record Last Week: 5-2 (45 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 25-20 (235 RS, 185 RA, 28-17 pythag. record), one game up in the loss column
Opponents This Week: vs. Blue Jays (Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week with a quick two-game series at their home away from home in Tampa. An A.J. Burnett meltdown resulted in a sixth straight loss on Monday, but Alex Rodriguez righted the ship with two homers in a win the next day.
- The split in Tampa was followed by another quick two-game set in Baltimore, and Hector Noesi was the hero in an extra innings win in game one. Thirteen runs gave them the win on Thursday.
- The Yankees returned home on Friday to kick off the 2011 edition of the Subway Series, but a lack of offense led to a loss in the opener. Four homeruns helped them to a win on Saturday, then an eight run inning gave them the win in yesterday’s rubber match.
- Injury Zone: Rafael Soriano was placed on the disabled list with elbow inflammation. Pedro Feliciano has been getting platelet-rich plasma treatment on his torn shoulder capsule. Phil Hughes‘ rehab is going well and he’s been cleared to pick up the pace. Chris Dickerson is okay after being hit in the head by a pitch during the Orioles’ series. Alex Rodriguez didn’t have a routine check-up on his hip this week, but he will soon. Eric Chavez isn’t walking with a limp anymore.
- Amaury Sanit was sent back to the minors in favor of Lance Pendleton. Dickerson took Soriano’s spot on the roster.
- Despite last week’s episode, the Yankees have had “zero discussion” about releasing Jorge Posada even though the former catcher said he wanted out in the heat of the moment.
- Lefty specialist Randy Flores was added on a minor league deal, but Jess Todd was lost to the Cardinals on waivers.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the (new and interactive!) Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.