Fan Confidence Poll: May 2nd, 2011By
Record Last Week: 4-3 (30 RS, 20 RA)
Season Record: 16-9 (139 RS, 102 RA, 16-9 pythag. record), 2.5 games up
Opponents This Week: @ Tigers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), @ Rangers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- An early week four-game set against the White Sox got off to a rough start when Phil Humber shut the Yankees down on Monday and Rafael Soriano blew an eighth inning lead on Tuesday. They rallied behind Bartolo Colon for a win on Wednesday then blew the ChiSox out on Thursday for a series split.
- The Blue Jays came to town for the weekend series, though the Yankees didn’t bother to get any timely hits in Friday’s loss. They came back and pounded young Kyle Drabek for the win on Saturday, then used a Curtis Granderson homer to take the rubber game.
- Injury Zone: Phil Hughes suffered a setback early in the week and a battery of tests showed that he may have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. He’ll go see a specialist in St. Louis on Monday. Frankie Cervelli was activated off the disabled list, and Mark Teixeira missed a game with a sore shoulder. Robinson Cano is day-to-day with a bruised hand. Minor league hurlers Alan Horne and Jeremy Bleich are on their way back from major shoulder injuries.
- Say goodbye to Kevin Millwood, the veteran right-hander opted out of his minor league contract yesterday after the Yankees informed him that he won’t be added to the roster. Minor leaguers Myron Leslie, Jack Rye, and Jose Ortegano were all released.
- The Yankees announced a September concert at Yankee Stadium featuring Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax.
- If you’re a season ticket holder, some of your personal information was leaked.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the (new and improved!) Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.