Fan Confidence Poll: May 9th, 2011By
Record Last Week: 3-4 (31 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 19-13 (170 RS, 132 RA, 20-12 pythag. record), one game up in the loss column
Opponents This Week: Monday OFF, vs. Royals (three games, Tue. to Thurs.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week with a four game set against the Tigers, winning the opener behind Bartolo Colon. The Tigers roughed up CC Sabathia the next day, then the offense couldn’t get much going on Wednesday. A comedy of errors led to a third straight loss in the finale.
- After escaping from Detroit and heading to Texas, the Yankees got back in the win column thanks to a great start from Ivan Nova. A comeback fell short on Saturday, but two Derek Jeter homers led to a win in the rubber game yesterday.
- Injury Zone: Eric Chavez suffered a small fracture in his foot running out a triple on Thursday and will be out for at least four weeks. Phil Hughes does not have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, but he will be out six-to-eight weeks after having a cortisone shot for what’s being called shoulder inflammation. Jeter was out for a few innings with a sore hip. Minor leaguers Steve Garrison and Greg Golson were placed on the disabled list.
- The Yankees claimed reliever Jess Todd off waivers and designated Kevin Russo for assignment after trying to trade him this spring. Brad Halsey is back on a minor league deal, and Carlos Silva made his first minor league start as he tries to get back into the big leagues.
- Lou Piniella will attend Old Timer’s Day this year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the (new and improved!) Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.