Record Last Week: 2-2 (19 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 55-37 (474 RS, 360 RA, 58-34 pythag. record), one game back in the loss column
Opponents This Week: @ Rays (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Athletics (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week began with three days off because of the All-Star break. Robinson Cano won the Home Run Derby, but the National League won the game and secured homefield advantage in the World Series.
- The Yankees returned from the break and headed to Toronto for four games. Bartolo Colon couldn’t make it out of the first inning in the opener, then Freddy Garcia got knocked around the next day. CC Sabathia pitched them to a win on Saturday, and Phil Hughes turned in a solid effort yesterday.
- Injury News: Alex Rodriguez‘s knee surgery went well and he’ll miss 4-6 weeks. Rafael Soriano is tentatively scheduled to begin a rehab assignment this Tuesday. Eric Chavez has resumed baseball activities and could start a rehab assignment this week. Pedro Feliciano and Damaso Marte are both throwing in Tampa. Colon’s hamstring is fine, but he’s still a little apprehensive. Jesus Montero came off the minor league disabled list.
- The Yankees signed J.C. Romero to a minor league contract. Greg Golson was called up to replace A-Rod on the roster, then Chris Dickerson replaced Golson three days later.
- The Yanks and Rockies have have multiple conversations about Ubaldo Jimenez, and they also discussed Ty Wigginton. They turned down a chance to acquire Francisco Rodriguez and aren’t in on Carlos Beltran. The Rockies, Mets, Royals, and Astros have been scouting the Yankees farm system.
- Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos, and Dellin Betances all rank among the 40 best prospects in baseball according to Keith Law and Kevin Goldstein.
- Some radio broadcast changes could be in the future.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.