Record Last Week: 5-1 (35 RS, 10 RA)
Season Record: 50-32 (433 RS, 312 RA, 54-28 pythag. record), two up in loss column
Opponents This Week: @ Indians (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. Rays (four games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a scheduled off day, but the Yankees showed no rust when they depansted Zack Greinke and the Brewers in their series opener on Tuesday. Russell Martin helped them to a win with a big homer the next day, and CC Sabathia finished off the sweep with 13 strikeouts on Thursday.
- The second leg of the Subway Series took place over the weekend, and Eduardo Nunez powered the Yankees to a win in the opener. Bartolo Colon returned from the disabled list to throw a gem on Saturday, but a walk-off loss ended the seven game winning streak yesterday.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter played in two rehab games and will rejoin the team today. Phil Hughes made a rehab start and will start on Wednesday. Eric Chavez strained his back while rehabbing his foot and will be out a little longer than expected. Both Pedro Feliciano and Rafael Soriano threw off a mound. Eduardo Nunez has a tight hamstring, but it’s nothing major.
- Ivan Nova lost the numbers game and was sent to the minors for Hughes. Lance Pendleton has temporarily taken his place on the roster. Brian Gordon (not Hector Noesi) was sent down for Colon.
- Carlos Silva was released while Sergio Mitre was re-acquired from the Brewers for cash. Logan Kensing was signed to a minor league deal.
- Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Curtis Granderson, Robinson Cano, Mariano Rivera, and Martin were all named to the AL All-Star Team. The first four were voted in as starters.
- The Yankees signed second round pick Sam Stafford and 13th rounder Justin James. They also inked Dominican third baseman Miguel Andujar and have interest in Mexican right-hander Roberto Osuna.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.