Fan Confidence Poll: June 25th, 2011By
Record Last Week: 4-3 (39 RS, 25 RA)
Season Record: 59-40 (513 RS, 385 RA, 63-36 pythag. record), three games back in the loss column
Opponents This Week: vs. Mariners (three games, Mon. to Weds.) Thurs. OFF, vs. Orioles (four games, Fri. to Sun., two on Sat.)
Top stories from last week:
- Four games in Tampa opened the week, and the Yankees beat a pair of rookie pitchers in the opener. Some defensive gaffs cost them the next day, but Freddy Garcia and Curtis Granderson got them a win in the third game. James Shields outdueled CC Sabathia in the finale.
- In their first home series since the All-Star break, the Yankees welcomed the A’s to the Bronx by scoring 17 runs in the opener. Some late rallies fell short on Saturday, but they held off a late barrage to win the rubber game.
- Injury News: Ivan Nova injured his ankle in Triple-A and was placed on the disabled list. Both Eric Chavez and Rafael Soriano started rehab assignments last week, and will return this week. Alex Rodriguez is doing fine in his rehab from knee surgery. Sergio Mitre was placed on the disabled list with a number of ailments, including shoulder tendinitis.
- Adam Warren is being prepared to start against the Orioles in Saturday’s doubleheader. Steve Garrison took Mitre’s spot on the roster. Marcus Thames was re-signed to a minor league contract.
- The Yankees called the Rays about Shields, but were told he’s not available. They’re also unlikely to make a trade for Mike Adams, though they have interest in Tyler Clippard and Craig Breslow. The Yanks have not asked Andy Pettitte to come out of retirement.
- Yankee Stadium added a new Torrisi-run Parm sandwich shop to the Great Hall.
- Plans for the third annual HOPE Week were announced.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.