Austin’s huge day leads SI to even huge-er winBy
Bullet points, once again…
- Triple-A Scranton‘s game was suspended after two innings and change. Here’s the box score, if you care to peruse.
- Double-A Trenton is still playing a game that’s been delayed by rain numerous times. They might suspend it before long. Here’s the box score.
- High-A Tampa (win). Abe Almonte and Walt Ibarra each had two hits, but they were all singled. Rob Segedin had a pair of knocks and one was a homer. Jose Quintana threw six scoreless innings, striking out five and walking just one.
- Low-A Charleston (loss). Shane Brown and Jeff Farnham, a pair of non-prospects, each had two hits. Brett Gerritse was the only interesting player on the mound, allowing one run in two innings of relief.
- Short Season Staten Island (HUGE win). Tyler Austin may have had the greatest offensive day in DotF history: 6-for-6, four runs scored, three doubles, a homer, and four runs driven in. That’s nuts. Zach Wilson had three hits and was a single shy of the cycle, and Bobby Rinard had three hits. Two left the yard. Cito Culver and Mason Williams had a single each. Nothing interesting on the mound, but the box score is worth checking out for the offense.
The Rookie Level GCL Yankees had their regularly scheduled Sunday off day.