Record Last Week: 5-2 (47 RS, 25 RA)
Season Record: 64-42 (560 RS, 410 RA, 69-37 pythag. record), two games back in the loss column
Opponents This Week: @ White Sox (four games, Mon. to Thurs.) @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with a visit from the lowly Mariners and a rain delayed win. CC Sabathia dominated in the second game, but Seattle avoided the sweep with a win on Wednesday.
- The Orioles came to town to play four games in three days, but the Yankees dropped the series opener after a lengthy rain delay. They blew Baltimore out in both games of Saturday’s doubleheader, then took home the finale yesterday.
- Injury News: Sergio Mitre was shifted to the 60-day DL with a nerve issue in his shoulder. Ivan Nova‘s ankle is fine after getting hit by a comebacker in Triple-A. Derek Jeter‘s day-to-day with a bruised right middle finger.
- Ubaldo Jimenez was traded to the Indians after the Yankees backed out of talks because the Rockies would not allow them to give the right-hander a physical. Ultimately, New York did not make a trade at the deadline despite having varying levels of interest in Hiroki Kuroda, Carlos Zambrano, and Ricky Nolasco, among others.
- Rafael Soriano and Eric Chavez were both activated off the disabled list. Steve Garrison and Brandon Laird were both sent down while Chris Dickerson went down for Ivan Nova.
- Manny Banuelos has been promoted to Triple-A Scranton. The Yankees reached agreements on over-slot bonuses with four draft picks.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.