Wins at the upper levels, losses at the lower levelsBy
Sorry folks, but I only have time for bullet points this weekend…
- Triple-A Scranton (win). Jesus Montero had a hit, and Jorge Vazquez had three. One was a double, one went over the fence. D.J. Mitchell threw six strong innings, allowing two runs.
- Double-A Trenton Game One (win). Corban Joseph had two singles, Zoilo Almonte doubled once, and Yadil Mujica doubled twice. Jeff Marquez allowed two runs in six innings in his latest rehab start.
- Double-A Trenton Game Two is still being played. Here’s the box score.
- High-A Tampa (win). Abe Almonte and Ronnier Mustelier (can we can just call him Ronnie?) each had two hits and one of Ronnie’s was a double. DeAngelo Mack had three hits including a homer. Brett Marshall gave up two runs in five innings and Dan Burawa chipped in two scoreless.
- Low-A Charleston (loss). Ramon Flores went hitless, but Kelvin DeLeon doubled. Shane Greene got rocked, six runs in seven innings rocked.
- Short Season Staten Island (loss). Mason Williams (one double) and Ben Gamel (two doubles) both had a pair of hits, but no one else in the lineup did anything of note. John Brebbia and Branden Pinder combined to throw three perfect innings to highlight the pitching staff.
- Rookie GCL Yankees (loss). Claudio Custodio, Isaias Tejeda, and Matt Duran all had two hits, and one of Duran’s was a double. Dante Bichette Jr., took a rare 0-for-5. Reynaldo Polanco allowed two homers (three runs) in two innings, and Mark Prior struck out a pair of batters in a perfect inning of relief.