What makes Curtis Granderson so grand? I’ve broken it down below.
1. Struggling and overcoming constant cognitive dissonance that comes with “not being a home run hitter” verses either leading or being in second place in major league homers.
2. Eyes on the prize, whether it’s a homer, home plate, or a spelling bee championship.
3. Keeping himself healthy with a nutritious breakfast.
4. Comforted by knowing that even when he strikes out, he still is extremely fashionably accessorized.
5. New and improved swing, including Kevin Long’s No-Slip Grippy Glue on his hand.
6. Muscles, tendons and ligaments fortified and strengthened by rainbows.
7. Heart at least six sizes above a replacement baseball player’s heart.
8. Dirty uniform, which is a sign of true grit.
9. Fills his belly with comfort food with Martha Stewart (you can read all about this on Roar of the Tigers, a great Tigers blog).
10. Keeps his legs in shape by herding his blessing (which is a group) of unicorns.
11. High socks.
12. Invisible wings on his cleats for super fielding and super running. He gives them a break when he hits the dingers, though.