Record Last Week: 3-4 (31 RS, 36 RA)
Season Record: 88-57 (785 RS, 585 RA, 93-52 pythag. record), 3.5 games up in AL East, 7.0 up for wildcard
Opponents This Week: @ Mariners (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games against the Orioles, the first three in Yankee Stadium. Jesus Montero clubbed a pair of homers in a Labor Day win, then some big homers helped the Yankees win a very rain delayed game on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. They lost in extra innings less than 13 hours later. The two teams then went to Baltimore for a makeup game, which the O’s won in extra innings.
- Following the one-day stop in Baltimore, the Yankees headed to the west coast. The offense was a no-show in Friday’s walk-off loss, then again in Saturday night’s loss. They came back to life (and got a little lucky) in yesterday’s win.
- Injury News: Nick Swisher is day-to-day with tendinitis after feeling a sharp pain in his left elbow while making a throw in Thursday. Alex Rodriguez is day-to-day with that sprained left thumb. Frankie Cervelli is headed back to New York because of concussion symptoms. Russell Martin left Saturday’s game with a bruised right thumb after getting hit by a foul ball. Andruw Jones has a slight tear in his knee and will have it drained before the postseason.
- This week’s round of call-ups included Greg Golson, Ramiro Pena, Hector Noesi, George Kontos, and Andrew Brackman. Dellin Betances was called up as well, and Austin Romine was called up later in the week because of all the catcher injuries. Steve Garrison and Lance Pendleton were both designated for assignment to make room on the roster for the various call-ups. Pendleton was claimed off waivers by the Astros. Manny Banuelos, David Phelps, and Adam Warren will join the team next week, but not be activated.
- The Rays and Yankees will play a doubleheader on September 21st to makeup the August 14th rain out.
- Curtis Granderson was named the AL’s Player of the Month for August.
- The Yankees are sending Dan Burawa, Chase Whitely, and Preston Claiborne in the Arizona Fall League.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.