Oct

MLB Network will broadcast 2011 Taiwan All-Star Series

The MLB Network announced today that it will broadcast the five-game Taiwan All-Star Series from November 1-6. The schedule is right here; four of the five games start at 9pm ET. Curtis Granderson and Robinson Cano are headlining the MLB Team now that Miguel Cabrera has withdrawn due to a sore shoulder. They’ll be teammates with former Yankees Phil Coke, Jose Veras, Mark Melancon, and (hah) LaTroy Hawkins, among others. Old buddy Chien-Ming Wang will start one game for the Chinese Taipei squad. Hooray for baseball in November.

Categories : Asides

1. YankeesJunkie says:

Finally give something to look forward my international econ class

2. RalphieD says:

im interested to see just how much effort is put forth in these games.

3. Brian S. says:

I kind of wish there weren’t any Yankee players playing in this.

4. Calcium Antacid says:

This is how it should be done, exhibition series right after the end of the season when everyone is fresh. I’m curious though, why Taiwan? What happened to the MLB/Japan series?

How good is Taiwan’s league anyway? It can’t be better than Japan or Korea’s.

5. Angel says:

major league baseball in november,,,,,we have baseball all winter :)

6. goterpsgo says:

As much as I love seeing Robbie and Curt play, I’ve gotta root for my homies… Go Taiwan!!!!!

7. Mike, thanks for spreading the word on the Taiwan All-Star Series! If you would like to learn more about the recent games in Taiwan or baseball in China, please visit http://mlbblogger.mlblogs.com and follow me on twitter @baseball_china

All the best!