Oct

NLDS Game Thread: Diamondbacks @ Brewers

Now that the Yankees have been eliminated, I’m adopting the Brewers as my team for the remainder of the playoffs. Nothing serious, this is just a fall fling. Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, Yovani Gallardo, Zack Greinke … it’s fun to watch those guys play. Anyway, it’s Game Five between these two teams. Former Yankee Ian Kennedy is on the bump against Gallardo. Game starts at 5:07pm ET and can be seen on TBS. Enjoy.

1. Jesse says:

Because IPK is pitching I’m rooting for the D’Backs in this game. Hoping he pitches a gem in this one.

• Freddy Garcia's 86 mph Heat says:

I’m rooting for them because I don’t really like the Brewers all that much. But if it comes down to Phillies-Brewers-Tigers-Rangers, GO BREWERS!!!!!!

2. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

Come on IPK. “Save The Big 3″ 4-EVAHHHH

3. tom says:

Not that it mitigates the all-too-early Yankee departure, but…

Isn’t it worth pointing out that this is easily the most entertaining first round of the playoffs since the system was established in ’95? (Well, ’94, except we didn’t get there) And by “entertaining”, I mean three five-game sets and the other going to four. I don’t think the Division Series round has ever contained so many games, and, in the last couple of years, it’s seemed as if 3-and-out was far more common than a decisive five.

I’m probably marginally rooting for the Brewers, as well — and for St. Louis, just so both sides of ESPN’s “World Series Preview” claim in June (the Red Sox/Phillies series) is shown for pure hogwash.

4. Sean C says:

I’m kind of glad the Yankees got bounced. Now I don’t have to hear the chorus of that Tinie Tempah song every commercial break. TBS is really getting out of hand with it. It’s entering Dane Cook “There’s only one October!!1!1!” territory very quickly.

(Kidding, I wish they were gearing up to play Texas)….

5. Cy Pettitte says:

rooting for IPK….again.

6. Cy Pettitte says:

can we get IPK back to be our clean up hitter? he can at least put one in play.

7. dkidd says:

teams who start bloomquist and betancourt at ss are playing later than the yankees

/you can’t buy rings’d

8. dkidd says:

what a play by young!!!!!

9. dkidd says:

bueller?

10. Thomas Cassidy says:

Fuck Chris Young! Only reason I want the Brewers to win is because of Hariston.