Fan Confidence Poll: January 16th, 2012By
2011 Record: 97-65 (855 RS, 657 RA, 102-60 pythag. record), won AL East, lost to Tigers in ALDS
Top stories from last week:
- The quiet offseason is officially a thing of the past. The Yankees agreed to trade Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi to the Mariners for Michael Pineda and prospect Jose Campos on Friday, adding a young power arm to their rotation and a high-ceiling prospect to their farm system. The trade is still pending physicals and is not yet official.
- Because Pineda was not enough, the Yankees also agreed to sign Hiroki Kuroda to a one-year deal worth $10M on Friday, not long after we learned that the price for free agent pitching was dropping. The contract is pending a physical as well.
- Prior to those moves, Hal Steinbrenner met with Scott Boras about Edwin Jackson. Steinbrenner had to approve an expanded budget to accommodate Kuroda, and they were only willing to add a pitcher on a one-year contract.
- With Montero on his way to Seattle, the Yankees are calling around for offense and have already spoken to both Carlos Pena and Johnny Damon about their DH job. They also have interest in re-signing Luis Ayala.
- The Yankees signed Cory Wade to a $500k contract for 2012, and brought in Preston Mattingly on a minor league deal. Preston is Don’s son.
- Bernie Williams received 9.6% of the vote his first year on the Hall of Fame ballot while Mattingly received 17.8%.
- The YES Network continues to draw monster ratings, tops among regional sports networks.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)