Feb

Scenes from Photo Day

As you may have gathered from Mike’s camp notes, Monday was the long-awaited Photo Day down in Tampa. For a few hours, the Yankees posed in what apparently was the clubhouse bathroom at GMS Field as they tried their hardest to look serious. (A-Rod always fails.) As the photos hit the wire, I got a kick out of some of the poses.

Apparently, the photographers went for the faux-artsy look today as they snapped some shots via Instagram. We have hipster Joe Girardi, hipster Hiroki and the ever-intense hipster Frankie. Andy Pettitte showed up too, looking a few years older than when we last saw him.

With the filter off, Rafael Soriano looked as smiley as ever and so did Nick Swisher. He’s always just happy to be there. Voldemort apparently joined the team as one half of the club’s DH platoon, and Mo was beaming.

As always, we could probably run a full slide show of A-Rod making funny faces, but Michael Pineda might put an end to it. Derek looked a lot like Derek, but my favorite one of all was Eduardo Nunez. Enjoy.

Categories : Whimsy

1. ThatstheMelkyMesaWaysa says:

He’s the most interesting utility infielder in the world. He’s the life of practices he doesn’t attend. His mother has a tattoo that reads, “Burt Reynolds.”

2. gageagainstthemachine says:

Pettitte had one of the best stares from the mound…but if Pineda is bringing that…batters beware!! Lovin’ this guy already!

3. pat says:

I don’t always make a great play in the field.

But when I do, I usually follow it up by airmailing the throw to first.

4. dkidd says:

last time and then i’ll never say it again:

tom sizemore + lance bass = frankie cervelli

5. LarryM.,Fl. says:

His face says, ” just give me a chance I can play this game.”

6. Monterowasdinero says:

Hard to believe The. New. York. Yankees cannot custom fit a helmet to Nunez’s size 5 head.

7. Paul VuvuZuvella says:

Knowing these pics were taken 5 feet from the urninals will always taint the way I look at them. I knew the acoustics were good in there but who knew the lighting was perfect too.

8. MannyGeee says:

So as I scroll through the Daylife pictures, I got to say….

Joba looks good. reeeeeeeeeal svelte.

9. Juke Early says:

Here’s hoping Voldemort has some big HRs in that wand. AND nobody named Potter shows up on the mound. . ..

10. Claudell says:

More than once already, I’ve seen a photo of Ibanez with those huge mirrored wraparound sunglasses on, and mistook him for Girardi.