Mar

3/30 Camp Notes: Swisher, Rotation, Garcia

(AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

The Yankees are playing the Phillies for the 13,459th time this spring later on tonight, give or take. The regular game thread will be along in a bit, so here’s a round-up of the day’s news from Tampa…

Categories : Spring Training

1. handtius says:

I really hope they give hughes a shot in the rotation. i think he earned it. 2010 was a huge jump in innings for him (think he tired in the second half) and last year he paid the repercussions with all the injuries. I think he’s going to be dyno-mite(!) again. don’t sleep!

2. DM says:

If there’s such a thing as a big ST start, it’s Pineda’s start tonight.

• thenamestsam says:

It’s certainly big for my mental health. I’m not sure I can take another week of hearing about his v-lo and debating whether he should make the rotation. The next week of my life will be a lot more enjoyable if he comes out and ends the debate tonight. Do it me for Michael.

• art vandelay says:

really ? it bothers you that bad that he’s sitting in the low 90′s and hitting 94 in march?

there is nothing else to talk about that’s why they are talking about it.

if they never traded for him they would be talking about how montero dropped a pop up, or how he has let X amount of runners steal bags on him. relax. pineda will be fine.

• fin says:

Yea, I wouldnt expect much more velocity out of him tonight. Doesnt sound like he plans to air it out until the season starts. You’re not winning any awards for being the best pitcher in ST.

• Johnny says:

What’s this “v-lo”?

We don’t use that term.

• Manny's BanWagon says:

Pineda should just uncork a 98 MPH wild pitch at Andrew Marchand’s head one time just so we can never have to hear about his missing “V-lo” ever again.