Mar

Fan Confidence Poll: March 12th, 2012

Record Last Week: 3-5 (23 RS, 34 RA)
Spring Training Record: 5-5 (38 RS, 43 RA)
Opponents This Week: vs. Astros (Mon.), vs. Red Sox (Tues. on YES/MLBN), @ Blue Jays (Weds.), @ Nationals (Thurs. on MLBN), vs. Nationals (Fri. on YES), vs. Astros (Sat. on YES/MLBN), @ Orioles (Sun. on MLBN)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. Mykey says:

Would have been higher, but I don’t trust anybody named Alex Smith’s ability to throw a ball.

2. Cris Pengiucci says:

I’m voting a 0. Too many questions about this team during the SSS of Spring Training.

/sarcasm’d

3. Drew says:

I usually vote 7 or 8 but I voted 6 since RAB went to shit this weekend with Joe running things.

4. Cesar "Stairs" Cabral says:

Off the walking boot? For me, it is a -3, then. Next time, I shall throw him out the Mohegan Sun Lounge window.

5. AWESOME Mike says:

seriously what happened this weekend. I know Mike left but wtf there are other people

6. Monterowasdinero says:

I am a 9 and I got tix for the 9th at Camden Yards. Game #4 so who will pitch?

7. Manny's BanWagon says:

Looks like they dodged a bullet with Robertson and Phil’s good outing was encouraging but I’d like to see Pineda run it up to 95 to shut everyone up about his lack of “V-Lo”

• JohnnyC says:

And we are concerned with what people like Andrew Marchand write or think? Why?

• Manny's BanWagon says:

Not really but taking into account the huge price the Yankees paid for Pineda, if this turned into a Jimenez like situation, it would be beyond awful.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

No, it wouldn’t be “beyond awful.” It’d be a bad trade that would sting for both fans and the team, but everyone would live and we’d move on to the next trade or FA signing. The New York Yankees have made bad trades before and will make bad trades again.

That being said, I’m still not seeing reason to worry about any of the starters at the moment.

• Manny's BanWagon says:

No it would be pretty awful. I didn’t say it would cripple the franchise or the world would come to an end but if Montero becomes a star and Pineda only a back of the rotation starter, it would really suck the big one.

I agree that any concerns about Pineda are probably way premature considering most power pitchers are still building arm strength into the season but I always worry about injury in a young pitcher lacking velocity.

• Ted Nelson says:

The Yankees haven’t traded away many Jesus Monteros, if any.

The opportunity cost here is as high as any Yankees trade I can think of.

• Ted Nelson says:

Of course the potential is also very high. I’m just saying that I think Manny’s BanWagon is correct that if Pineda happens to bust there’s a good chance it’s going to really hurt vs. the alternative of just keeping Montero. I’m not worried about his spring training warm up, but I agree with the one point that if he busts it could be very painful to the organization.

• Cris Pengiucci says:

“V-Lo”. Is that like J-Lo’s cousin or something? Surely he can find a way to meet her, date her for a bit, and shut everyone up. As long as she doesn’t affect his performance.

8. JohnC says:

So dar Brett Marshall has been the most impressive young pitcher in camp. Burawa has also made a good impression. On the other side, its obvious Adam Miller isn’t any where near ready

9. jjyank says:

I’ve been at a 9 all offseason, and I see no reason to change now. No real injuries to the MLB staff so far (assuming K-Rob gets out of his boot soon) and I haven’t been as optimistic about our pitching staff since 2009. The Yanks were the best team in the AL last season, and it seems that they got even better. The only thing holding me back from voting a perfect 10 is an aging left side of the infield and our DH situation. But even with those shortcomings, A-Rod and Jeter can certainly have good years, and I feel like a DH solution can be solved rather easily at the trade deadline if Ibanez flops.

10. CS Yankee says:

I’m at a 9.11…

Really high on their chances to bring home 28, but also just a few places from shear panic.

11. dean says:

If Pineda hits 95 next outing then Im a 9….if its 94 then 5.

12. BK2ATL says:

I’m at a 9. ST won’t change that.

That being said. I haven’t seen any ST games so far, just caught the stats and feedback.

Can anyone give me a fair assessment of how Banuelos and Betances looked so far? Command and control-wise?

Also, without regard to velocity, how have Pineda and Kiroda command and control wise, so far?

• Mike HC says:

It is so early in Spring Training that it is tough to tell what is permanent and what is simply just because it is their first live action in a little while.

But, neither Banuelos or Betances looked particularly good or in control of their pitches.

Kuroda looked very smooth and had a legit veteran presence on the mound. He should be solid even in the AL East.

Pineda I’m sure you have heard all the velocity stuff, but other than that, from the one time I saw him, he looked big, intimidating and comfortable to me. I’m excited.

• BK2ATL says:

Thanks for the feedback.

I want the kids (Banuelos and Betances) to show something this spring. Their stats look decent enough so far, but they don’t tell the story. That’s why I figured I’d ask. I want these kids to show better command and control. Hopefully, they can do that over the course of the season in AAA and earn Sept. call-ups.

Yeah, I’m also excited to have Kuroda and Pineda in the rotation. Just hoping each produces as expected. The Pineda velocity thing, I’m not worried yet. Sounds like he’s working on his command of his other pitches at this time. The fastball will be there.