Fan Confidence Poll: March 26th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 5-0-2 (35 RS, 19 RA)
Spring Training Record: 13-9-2 (102 RS, 91 RA)
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Blue Jays (Tues. on YES/MLBN), @ Braves (Weds. on ESPN), vs. Orioles (Thurs. on YES), vs. Phillies (Fri. on YES/MLBN), @ Astros (Sat.), @ Marlins (Sun. on YES/MLBN)
Top stories from last week:
- Joba Chamberlain suffered an open dislocation of his right ankle playing with his son on Thursday. He had surgery that night and further tests showed no microfractures. Joba was released from the hospital yesterday and will be in a cast for six weeks before switching over to a weight-bearing walking boot. There is still no definitive timetable for his return, but the best case scenario apparently has him back on a mound by July.
- Other Injury News: Derek Jeter (calf), Russell Martin (groin), and David Robertson (foot) have all returned to game action. Nick Swisher left Tuesday’s game with groin tightness and is still a few days away from returning to the field. Frankie Cervelli (knee) and Alex Rodriguez (ribs) are fine after getting hit by pitches last week. Minor leaguers Slade Heathcott (shoulder) and Ravel Santana (ankle) are expected to return in June.
- Dellin Betances, David Phelps, D.J. Mitchell, Brandon Laird, George Kontos, and Ramiro Pena were all optioned to Triple-A. Several others were reassigned to minor league camp. The Phillies have interest in Pena and the Yankees reportedly offered Freddy Garcia to the Marlins. They declined, however.
- The Yankees placed 13th in Baseball America’s organizational rankings. Right-hander Rafael DePaula finally got a visa and will soon officially join the organization.
- The Triple-A stadium situation could linger into 2013, and Jorge Vazquez is getting sick of playing there.
- Meredith Marakovits will take over as the YES Network’s new clubhouse reporter.
- Forbes says the Yankees are worth $1.85 billion.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.