Record Last Week: 2-0 (15 RS, 9 RA)
Spring Training Record: 2-0 (15 RS, 9 RA)
Opponents This Week: @ Phillies (Mon. on MLBN), @ Pirates (Tues.), vs. Rays (Weds. on YES/MLBN), @ Blue Jays (Thurs.), vs. Braves (Fri. on YES/MLBN), @ Braves (Sat.) vs. Twins (one game, Mon.), vs. Rays (four games, Tues. to Thurs., two on Weds.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.), @ Twins (Sun. on MLBN, split squad), vs. Twins (Sun. on YES, split squad)
Top stories from last week:
- Hal Steinbrenner confirmed that the Yankees intend to get under the $189M luxury tax threshold by 2014, and both he and Brian Cashman explained why and theoretically how.
- Injury News: Joba Chamberlain threw off a full mound for the first time as part of his Tommy John surgery rehab and Mark Teixeira is nursing a sore foot after a foul ball got him. George Kontos played catch for the first time since tweaking his oblique. Manny Delcarmen will miss a few days with a lat strain. Russell Branyan and Kyle Higashioka are out with back spasms and a shoulder problem, respectively. Robinson Cano missed a few days because his grandmother passed away.
- MLB officially announced that the new ten-team playoff system will be implemented in 2012. The two Wild Card teams in each league meet in a play-in game with the winner advancing to the LDS round.
- The fifth starter competition may be rigged in Phil Hughes‘ favor again. Yadier Molina’s new contract is bad news for the Yankees and good news for Russell Martin. Eric Chavez is officially back.
- Cashman shot down a report saying they made an offer to Cuban utility man Adonis Garcia. The Yankees released Burt Reynolds.
- Teixeira hired a new agent, Casey Close.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.