Jun

Another Update: RAB Goes To Washington Drink Up 6/16/2012

(Photo via billy-ball.com)

Hello all!  Just wanted to give you a quick update on our plans for Saturday’s Drink Up!

I have received word from The Big Hunt that they will be open Saturday at 5 p.m.  So, let’s shoot for about that time or after (barring the game doesn’t go 22 innings).  We do not have anything too organized there, but I have asked them to save a table or two for us, so it’s all pretty informal.

If using WMATA’s Metro from Nationals Park, you can take the Green line to L’Enfant Plaza, transfer to the Yellow or Blue lines to Farragut West and then walk. Or you can take the Green line to Gallery Place then transfer to the Red Line to Dupont Circle and walk.  The walk from Dupont is slightly shorter, but because of the WMATA’s weekend work, the ride on the Red Line may take much longer.

Hope to see you all there!  Even Mike!

1. goterpsgo says:

If you do take Metro and you’re standing on an escalator step, make sure you’re standing on the right side or else people will glare at you or worse.

2. Kevin G. says:

I’m going to the game Saturday. I was worried for while that I would be the only Yankees fan there.

3. Damix says:

I should be there, don’t have tickets to Sat’s game, but am going to the other two.

4. Yankeegirl49 says:

Kiersten and I will be there!

5. Yankees2 says:

Anyone pregaming there? They have this place called fairgrounds with bars, food trucks etc right outside the stadium. Any cornhole challengers I will be in an Arod jersey in the winners section.

• Jay says:

I’m driving down for Sat’s game with a few buddies. We’re packin a cooler. All are welcome for a little pregamin.

6. Jason says:

Can you still come if you are not actually old enough to drink? hahaha

7. yankeefanindc says:

I’d add that getting out at Mt. Vernon Sq. and taking a 20-minute walk (M St. towards larger numbered streets, right on Connecticut Ave.) means you don’t have to transfer and you can squeeze out of a crowded train earlier.

As a Yankee fan in exile in DC, I have adopted the Nationals as my second team for years now. It will be sad to see either team’s winning streak come to an end. I will be very happy and very disappointed this weekend, no matter the outcome. I just have to root for three well played games.

I hope you all enjoy your time in DC. It’s a great city!

8. Andrew says:

Thanks to fallout 3 i know where all that is.