Fan Confidence Poll: June 11th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 5-1 (32 RS, 15 RA)
Season Record: 34-25 (281 RS, 241 RA, 34-25 pythag. record), 0.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Braves (Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Nationals (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a day off on Monday, then the Rays came to town for a three-game set. Andy Pettitte dominated as the Yankees blew out Tampa in the opener, then Ivan Nova ground balled the Rays to death in Tuesday’s win. The Yankees were unable to complete the sweep in the finale.
- The 2012 Subway Series started on Friday, when Hiroki Kuroda flirted with a no-hitter and the Yankees pounded Johan Santana. Mark Teixeira hit a big late homerun in Saturday’s win, then Russell Martin walked off with the sweep yesterday.
- Injury News: Brett Gardner (elbow) suffered another setback and will visit Dr. James Andrews today. Mariano Rivera (knee) will have surgery to repair his torn ACL tomorrow. David Robertson (oblique) appeared in his first rehab game yesterday. Joba Chamberlain (elbow, ankle) threw off a full mound for the first time since his ankle dislocation. David Aardsma (elbow) is close to returning to game action. Kuroda (foot) suffered a contusion when hit by a line drive, but he’s expected to make his next start. Pettitte (hand) barehanded a comebacker and suffered a bruise, but he’s not expected to miss any starts. Teixeira (throat) has vocal cord damage but won’t miss any games. Robinson Cano (forearm) didn’t miss any games after getting hit by a pitch. Manny Banuelos (elbow) is expected to be out another month. Tyler Austin (leg) has a bruise and should return soon.
- The Yankees are one of four teams most aggressively pursuing Jorge Soler, who could agree to a contract very soon.
- The Diamondbacks called the Yankees about Austin Romine‘s availability at some point before signing Miguel Montero to an extension. Brian Cashman said they have not begun exploring the outfield trade market in the wake of Gardner’s setback.
- The Yankees selected high school right-hander Ty Hensley with their first round pick, and he’s already in Tampa for a physical. A deal could be announced relatively soon. They already have an agreement with high school outfielder and second rounder Austin Aune, plus they have agreements with several other draft picks as well.
- The Yankees agreed to sign 22-year-old Dominican right-hander Manolo Reyes for $600k, though the contract is pending a visa. They also inked reliever Ricky Orta to a minor league pact.
- Derek Jeter and Curtis Granderson are currently among the All-Star Game leading vote-getters, and Robinson Cano will captain the AL Homerun Derby team.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.