Fan Confidence Poll: July 30th, 2012By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (29 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 60-41 (488 RS, 404 RA, 60-41 pythag. record), 7.5 games up in AL East
Opponents This Week: vs. Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, vs. Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees wrapped up their trip out west with three games against the Mariners. Hiroki Kuroda dominated Seattle in the first game, but Felix Hernandez shut the Yanks down in the second game. Jayson Nix‘s big late-inning hit gave his team a win in the finale.
- Following the return from the West Coast, the Yankees took Thursday off and welcomed the Red Sox to the Bronx for a three-game weekend series. Russell Martin and Curtis Granderson homered to give the Yankees to a win in the series opener, but Granderson misplayed a fly ball that led to Saturday’s loss. Boston took the finale in extras yesterday.
- Injury News: Alex Rodriguez (hand) suffered a broken bone on a hit-by-pitch and will miss up to eight weeks. Andy Pettitte (ankle) suffered a minor setback. Eric Chavez (ankle) is fine after getting hit by a pitch. Mariano Rivera (knee) will not pitch again this year. Eduardo Nunez (thumb) was activated off the minor league disabled list.
- With Brett Gardner (elbow) done for the season, the Yankees acquired Ichiro Suzuki from the Mariners in exchange for D.J. Mitchell and Danny Farquhar. Dewayne Wise was designated for assignment to make room on the roster and was later outrighted to Triple-A. He may still elect free agency, however.
- The Yankees recalled Ramiro Pena to take A-Rod‘s roster spot for the time being. They’re going to explore the trade market and have inquired on Chase Headley, Marco Scutaro, and Ty Wigginton. They’re also giving Double-A second base prospect David Adams reps at the hot corner. The Yankees are not pursuing Cliff Lee, however.
- Joba Chamberlain (elbow, ankle) appeared in back-to-back games for the first time during his minor league rehab assignment, throwing scoreless innings on Tuesday and Wednesday. He entered a game in the middle of an inning yesterday and could rejoin the team by the end of the week.
- Scott Boras is already dropping hints about a ten-year contract for Robinson Cano.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.