Record Last Week: 3-4 (42 RS, 36 RA)
Season Record: 79-61 (679 RS, 586 RA, 80-60 pythag. record), 1.0 game up in AL East
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, @ Red Sox (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with three big games against the Rays, and the Yankees lost the opener when Tampa scored a late-inning run. Tuesday’s loss officially completed the collapse as the Yankees fell into a tie for first place with the Orioles, though they did rebound to take a one-game lead with Wednesday’s win.
- The Yankees moved up to Baltimore for four weekend games, and they dropped the opener despite a big late-inning comeback. They rebounded to win Friday’s game, but a blown call ended another potential late-inning rally in Saturday’s loss. Yesterday’s win was a blowout.
- Injury News: Mark Teixeira (calf) returned to the lineup for one game before re-aggravating his injury, and we’re awaiting results of his MRI. Andy Pettitte (leg) is doing “super” following his latest simulated game and will visit the doctors to see if he can ramp up his workouts. Robinson Cano (hip) was day-to-day but has since returned to the lineup. David Aardsma (elbow) continues to pitch in minor league rehab games. Pedro Feliciano (shoulder) hurt his ankle/foot in his latest minor league rehab game and has not pitched since.
- Alex Rodriguez (hand) was activated off the DL on Monday while Ivan Nova (shoulder) was activated on Saturday. September roster expansion rules may change as soon as next year.
- Eduardo Nunez will play winter ball in the Dominican Republic after the season. Ramiro Pena cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A. Kosuke Fukudome was released.
- Gary Sanchez was named the team’s top prospect by MLB.com.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.