Record Last Week: 4-2 (25 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 83-63 (704 RS, 607 RA, 84-62 pythag. record), 1.0 game up in AL East
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Blue Jays (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Athletics (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees went up to Boston to play the last-place Red Sox three times. The Sox walked off with a win on Tuesday, but Curtis Granderson got the team a win with two homers the next day. Phil Hughes led the club to a win in the series finale.
- The Rays came to town for a big weekend series, and Tampa took the opener thanks to CC Sabathia‘s latest underwhelming start. Ivan Nova returned to the rotation in Saturday’s win, then a big inning gave the Yankees the series win yesterday.
- Injury News: Andy Pettitte (leg) will come off the DL and return to the rotation tomorrow. Derek Jeter (ankle) has been in the lineup as the DH but isn’t expected to return to the field until tomorrow at the earliest. Brett Gardner (elbow) could be activated this week to serve as a pinch-runner/defensive replacement. Mark Teixeira (calf) still isn’t ready to resume baseball activities. David Aardsma (elbow) continues to pitch in minor league rehab games, including his first set of back-to-back appearances.
- Rafael Soriano is likely to exercise his opt-out clause after the season. The Yankees offered Nate McLouth a minor league contract when he was a free agent back in late-May/early-June, but he instead signed with the Orioles.
- Melky Mesa was recalled from Triple-A. Right-handers Dellin Betances, Mark Montgomery, Zach Nuding, and Danny Burawa are all headed to the Arizona Fall League.
- The 2013 schedule was released. The Yankees will open at home against the Red Sox and close at Houston against the Astros.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.