Fan Confidence Poll: October 1st, 2012By
Record Last Week: 4-3 (40 RS, 29 RA)
Season Record: 92-67 (776 RS, 661 RA, 92-67 pythag. record), tied atop AL East
Opponents This Week: vs. Red Sox (three games, Mon. to Weds.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games in Minnesota, and Andy Pettitte carried the Yankees to a series-opening win. The bullpen blew a lead the next day, but CC Sabathia righted the ship with a dominant showing on Wednesday.
- The Yankees headed up to Toronto for a four-game weekend series, though they got shutout in the opener. A blowout win followed in the second game, but they were unable to capitalize on numerous chances on Saturday. Yesterday’s win was of the late-inning comeback variety.
- Injury News: Mark Teixeira (calf) is scheduled to rejoin the team today after working out in Instructional League last week. Jayson Nix (hip) will be out 10-14 days with a Grade I left hip flexor strain. Robinson Cano (hand) is fine after getting hit by a pitch. Alex Rodriguez (foot) is fine after fouling a ball of his left foot. Pat Venditte (shoulder) is out until mid-2013 following surgery.
- Both Brett Gardner (elbow) and David Aardsma (elbow) were activated off the DL on Monday. Steve Pearce and Justin Thomas were designated for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster, and Pearce was claimed off waivers by the Orioles.
- The Yankees clinched a wildcard spot with yesterday’s win (and the Angels’ loss). They can still win the division and finish with the best record in the AL, but at least now they’re locking into a playoff spot.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.