Fan Confidence Poll: October 22nd, 2013By
Regular Season Record: 95-67 (804 RS, 668 RA, 96-66 pythag. record), won AL East by two games
Playoff Record: 3-2 win in ALDS (16 RS, 10 RA), 4-0 loss in ALCS (6 RS, 19 RA)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the week already down two games to none in the best-of-seven ALCS to the Tigers. Monday was a scheduled off-day, then the Bombers dropped Game Three to Justin Verlander on Tuesday. Game Four was rained out on Wednesday, but the Yankees got swept and lost the series when CC Sabathia got rocked on Thursday.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter (ankle) had surgery and will need 4-5 months to recover. CC Sabathia (elbow) will have a possible bone spur looked at by Dr. James Andrew. Phil Hughes (back) was cleared to throw after leaving ALCS Game Three will stiffness. Curtis Granderson (eyes) will see a specialist.
- Reports surfaced that the Yankees had discussed an Alex Rodriguez trade with the Marlins, but Brian Cashman shot them down. A-Rod said he doesn’t want to leave New York and Cashman reiterated that he won’t look to trade his third baseman.
- Robinson Cano is looking for ten years and “top-of-the-market dollars” with his next contract. Rafael Soriano is expected to opt-out of his deal, and Andy Pettitte expects to decide whether he’ll pitch next year within a month.
- The Yankees will exercise Granderson’s option for 2013 and tender qualifying offers to both Nick Swisher and Soriano. Cashman considers all of the coaches safe.
- Cory Wade was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays while Rota Igarashi, Darnell McDonald, and Justin Thomas all elected free agency. Japanese right-handers Shohei Otani and Kyuji Fujikawa will both look to join an MLB team as free agents this winter.
- The Yankees are seeking new ownership partners for the YES Network.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.