Nov

Report: Pascual Perez murdered during robbery

Via Hoy (translated article): Former Yankees right-hander Pascual Perez was murdered in his home in the Dominican Republic during a robbery last night. Enrique Rojas says they were after the money he receives from his MLB pension. He was 55.

Perez spent just two seasons in New York, pitching to a 2.87 ERA in 87.2 innings from 1990-1991 while battling shoulder problems. He spent most of his career with the Braves and Expos. Check out this guest post on his interesting career from David Meadvin, which ran earlier this year. Condolences go out to Perez’s family and friends.

Categories : Asides

1. jjyank says:

Holy shit. I don’t even know who that is, but terrible news all the same. Condolences to his family and friends.

2. Luisergi says:

RIP one of five twin brothers…

3. Cuso says:

Damn. I remember thinking Pascual was going to turn things around for us in 89. Best geri-curl in baseball. He got injured and then we turned to Melido.

Condolences

• Robinson Tilapia (We go hard) says:

Yup. GREAT stuff. Just never put together the career people hoped from him.

Melido: Best pitcher on some of our worst teams.

RIP Pascual

4. ADam says:

Hacked to death?… My God that is awful. Very Sad. Condolences

5. JLC 776 says:

In related news, Soul Glo futures took a huge hit today…

Very sad news. I have such a soft spot in my heart for all of the guys I remember from my youth, slogging through the bad years.

6. Cano fan #1 says:

R.I.P

7. Old Pinstripe fan says:

Not positive, but I believe that he and his brother tag-teamed a no hitter at some point. Condolences.